Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To offset the tone of what you'd like to see on the Ridge, which can sound like a bunch of whining and complaining, I thought it would be fun to talk about the things we love the most. What was the selling point for you? What do you always want to show off when someone comes to admire your truck? What are those hidden extras that Honda did include?

I have to start my list with what I call "Magic Windows." I just can't get over how fun it is to roll down all the windows before you get near the car, from across the parking lot on a hot day. By the time you get to it to unload your groceries, it's so much cooler. I love this feature.

NAV was love at first sight. I played around in a Pilot to see what it was like before we decided to order our truck. I knew that I HAD to have it. I use it all the time, even in familiar areas. I'm sure that novelty will wear off, but I will probably still get guidance when I don't need it just because I can. I love giving it voice commands, "Fan Speed 5" and having the fan ramp up. It just tickles my funny bone, but I suppose that shows that I'm easy to amuse.

Moonroof - It's been decades since my last vehicle with a sunroof and it's such a nice feature to have again.

Dual temp controls. OK, that was the one that made the deal for me, before we saw the NAV. It's such an improvement to be able to select the temp I'm comfy at which is many degrees warmer than DH.

The front window defroster. Great idea, Honda. It hasn't been cold enough to use it yet, but I know we'll appreciate it when winter returns.

That's enough for now, though I can rave on about this truck for a very long time. We just spent about 45 minutes showing it off to a young couple. I hope they take the plunge and buy one! Then we'll have another one in our town.

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
I like the comfortable back seat that folds UP and not forward. It is plenty big for 2 car seats for the kids and I can still store stuff underneath.

I agree with you about the NAVI and the voice commands. I got to experience this feature in my '05 Ody and I was very pleased that I could get the these features in the Ridgeline.

The in-bed trunk was the most intriguing feature for me.

Good idea for a thread. :D

·
Registered
153 Posts
I guess I will start with it's a Honda. The room inside the cab. The trunk is a big plus I use it all the time. It get's everyones attention. The duel A/C. It's been up to 94 the last two days and the A/C works great.

The ride and and how quite it is. The more I drive it the more I like it.

Tiger

·
Registered
69 Posts
This will be the 4th Honda vehicle I've owned, and the last one I drove over 190,000 miles (with absolutely no problems). For me that says it all!!!!!

PURE HONDA!!!!!!!

·
Registered
264 Posts
I love the versatility that has been built into this truck. Single item, the voice control. My wife says I have to tell you her favorite is the audio system.

·
Registered
5,885 Posts
The looks of admiration it gets from people in everything from H2's to X5's and everything in between. :cool:
Not really a feature but more a combination... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
10,401 Posts
I'll second the moonroof. I've never had one in a truck before, and now I'll never have another one without one. It's not unique to the Ridgeline, but it's a great feature nonetheless.

One feature that is unique to the Ridgeline, at least for now, is the swing-out tailgate. That's a feature all trucks should have. It makes things so much easier.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
I agree with all listed already but need to add the "auto" rear slider window! I have had many trucks & always thought how cool it would be not to have to crawl back just to open it!

·
Registered
119 Posts
The voice controlled navigation is the feature I have shown off the most, along with the trunk/tailgate. As the weather heats up, I am liking the ability to roll down all the windows, and the power rear window. But what convinced me to buy was the combination of all the features, along with the comfortable ride and Honda's reputation for reliability.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
I think that the "Hey Honda..." thread and various other similar threads and comments are more about what owners would like to see added to, improoved or, in some cases fixed, for the benefit future models and future owners. At some point in time I will be purchasing a vehicle to replace my week old Ridgeline that I really love. This ROC site must be a gold mine for Honda (and their competitors) marketing and R&D departments. To me, there is very little that is more satisfying than improoving something that already works reasonably well and making it really great or fixing a problem that results in turning a negative into a positive.

I really like almost everything about the Ridgeline.
I really like the NAV system (but still want the trip computer and HVAC controls back).
I also like the center console. They hit a home run with the design.
Did anyone mention the in bed trunk? Another home run! I would like to see the cover on future models be about 2" narrower to allow for better roll-up tonneau cover clearance.
Quiet ride and superb handling - It simply does not get any better.
Exterior and interior styling - I liked it from the moment that I first saw it. I like that it does not conform to all of the other dated models on the market.
I could go on and on. The bottom line is that, at 54 years old, silly as it may seem, the Ridgeline is the first vehicle in a long time that I have been excited about - and it is fun being excited about it. :)

L

·
0 Posts
Well....this sure is a loaded question Truckin!!
I'm glad you came up with this so we don't sit and worry about what's wrong but bask in the glory of all the things that are right!!

ME?? Can't think of anything I don't like except my leaky floor and I don't think Honda planned that for any of us. I have even grown use to the creaking steering wheel which is almost gone. I even tug on the steering wheel to see if it's still there. Just part of my Lady's personality plus!!

I drive her with pride!!
:p

·
Registered
10,401 Posts
LadyRidge,

How many miles does your Ridgeline have on it? I'm at 3200 and the creaky wheel is still there albeit better than in the past.

L

·
0 Posts
shovelhd said:
LadyRidge,

How many miles does your Ridgeline have on it? I'm at 3200 and the creaky wheel is still there albeit better than in the past.
8,300 or there abouts.

·
Registered
10,401 Posts
Excellent, thanks. Mine goes into the body shop tomorrow for the new rear bumper.

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
This has been very fun to read. I like all the features that you've added. Keep 'em coming.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Guess it would be...
It's a Honda TRUCK!!??!!
The most I have asked about, is the trunk, so that is #1.
I like the flip up back seats,
then everything else!
Except the issues...

·
Registered
297 Posts
I love the trunk and the console. Pretty much everything, actually. :)
Ladyridge, we're still neck and neck, 8500 miles (do you commute or just on the road a lot, like me?).

·
Registered
774 Posts
Besides all of the truly innovative features available on no other vehicle (yet), I just love all of the attention it attracts. My wife drives one of a million Accords on the road. While I truly hope the Ridgeline is a runaway success, I hope it NEVER reaches that level of popularity. It's too much fun being unique!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts