Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have to give props to my old girl she still amazes me to this day, Just had the timing belt, serp belt, water pump, hydrlc tensioner, service done and it says Calibrated timing as well. First I heard of that but o.k., I had taken it to a dealer some 40 miles away bypassing others for an inside deal. I also had them do the rear VTM fluid, front diff, and flush/bleed the brake fluid. Coolant and a tranny drain/fill. Radiator fittings checked out o.k. How much $1105. sure it might be a deal or not but good enough for me. She is running so smooth it has never been like this. I often read here of the slight vibration we sometimes feel at a stop and I always did, not terrible but a slight buzz of sorts you could feel in the wheel or even touching her body panels you could always tell she was running. I had a loaner car yesterday and we threw some stuff from it into the RL the whole time I didn't know she was running and I got in and almost hit the starter but noticed the dash was at work. "Whaaaat" I thought, man she is purring. with all the other work done she is better than ever. let me add I am still on original stock rotors and front pads 5mm left, rear pads I replaced prematurely at 40k and they have 6mm to go. OEM Michelins have 82k on them and have 5/32 to 6/32 more to go, I have never gotten this kind of mileage out of brakes or tires on any other make of truck before. She needs some paint care soon especially the back of the mirrors, may go with Line x there and the headlights need buffed but in all these years she is well worth the 1100 bucs, a few bulbs and relays over the years is all she has needed other than regular maintenance. Aint getting rid of this ol girl anytime soon either.

Attachments

·
Registered
725 Posts
You got a great deal. I would still be worried a bit about the radiator. That transmission fitting may look fine outside and still be ready to fail.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice, kinda read my mind, I will be concerned about the rad but that is a job for the future and one I can handle myself. But I will give them a show of appreciation and let ya know the work was done by Lucas Honda of Jacksonville, Fl.. very good work and super friendly peeps. I am down by St. Aug and wouldn't hesitate to go back there in the future even though there must be a half dozen other dealers I pass to get there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts