Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to honda today to have them help me figure out why I am getting such bad gas mileage on my 07 RTS. I get on average 13mpg and I mostly drive freeway. I scheduled an appointment at the dealership in Lynnwood Washington. I got there and they told me they could not find my appointment. So the person sitting at the counter told me he could help answer my questions. I explained to him how I am a careful and economical driver and couldnt figure out why I am getting poor mpg. He explained to me how washington state has allot of fuel additive which is the main reason I am getting poor mpg's. I didnt think that the ethanol they add into our fuel could be making my mileage so poor, but he insisted that I go to the governments fuel economy website and see for my self. Apparently they compile information from people on a true average mpg. (http://fueleconomy.gov/) I still wasn't happy and wanted a mechanic to look at my truck. Thats when he told me that mechanic would not look at my vehicle because the check engine light was not on and basically told me I was S.O.L. He kept telling me to look at the government website and that I would see everyone in Washington is getting the same mileage as me because of the ethanol. He even told me that he has a ridgeline and that he is getting the same MPG's. After this he left the counter to never return. I got fed up and left. And then finally I come home and get on this website he recommended to me. Heres what I found out. Average ridgeline mpg. 17.5mpg. The one record I found on the website that is similar to my driving habits, also from WA state, that persons average is 20.1 mpg driving 85% freeway. Good thing I took the day off work to have the problem resolved. Is it just me or is everyone sick of customer service people talking out of their ass? Thanks for nothing this time honda!

·
Registered
322 Posts
Wow, I gotta say that I would be more than a little ticked off with that dealership. I would have at least filed a complaint with the manager or posted the name of the dealership on the forum with a warning to all Honda owners to stay away.
One question for you, have you owned the Ridge from new? The reason I ask is that the engine management computer is (as far as I understand) supposed to "learn" your driving habits and make changes to how it runs accordingly. One thing that perhaps you could try is to unplug the battery and leave it over night. Then hook it up again and let the engine idle and go through its relearning process and go back to factory specs. Then try driving it again and see what you get. Don't forget to have your factory radio code available to enter the numbers in (if this is applicable). It may help and is a cheap thing to check. Good luck:hol002:

·
Registered
959 Posts
That's just a piss poor deal you got from the dealership. I'd call the guy back and let him know the mileage you found on that site. Also, speak to the general manager and let him know you took the day off and how you were treated. Give Honda customer service a call too.

What ever happened to customer service? You would think, with the economy the way it is, customer service would be at it's best these days.

Good luck and keep us posted.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts