Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone!

Just wanted to introduce myself real quick to the coolest forums for Ridgelines ever.

Just picked up my first ridgeline last week from NJ (I'm from PA). Paid 10k out the door!
06 Ridgeline RTL 126k Leather, heated seats. No moonroof/navi.
The night I picked her up.

Quick back story of myself. Always been into Honda's building & racing civics, crxs, etc.

And before the ridgeline which I truthfully had no intention of buying. I daily drove a 05' Scion xB everywhere. Had it forever.

Long story short, after paying off the scion (fell into some financial trouble and had to borrow money against the car) all hell broke loose. I was rear ended by someone that hit me and ran with no insurance. (before & after the accident)

Then Christmas eve, headed to work and drive through the mountains a bit through a rock cut, a boulder the size of a car battery rolled off and smashed through the front of my scion bending the radiator support, destroying the oil pan, and cracking the engine block, and splitting the front bumper lip in half.

With that being said, I'm still waiting on the results of the damage from the scion, most likely a total and found this truck and jumped on the deal. Need something more practical, snow, towing the civic to the track, my quad etc.

I'm not really sure what I have in store for the ridgeline, i had picked up a few OEM pieces that needed to be fixed like the map light assembly, new battery, and some bumper plugs (no front licence plate in PA). Also was really impressed with the LED mod I seen in these forums like this.

So I picked up LED strips, ordered some window visors, and thought about looking for that grill. I love the way that truck looks. Still waiting on some stuff to come in the mail.

For now, the truck barely fits in my garage and i drive it everyday back & forth to work. Love the way it drives and feels, completely different change from my scion.

·
Premium Member
11,315 Posts
126K? It should just be breaking in! :)
Make sure to follow up with the best maintenance. Lots of advice on that on this forum.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Welcome to the ROC, looks great like if it was less than a year old. There are a lot of mods on the forum, and yes maintenance that you might want to check and keep up with.

·
Premium Member
2,166 Posts
Welcome and thanks for sharing all the photos!

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
Congrats on your new RTL and a warm west coast welcome to the ROC!

Happy Modding...

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
22,592 Posts
Anyone else seeing massive images in the OP? I had that problem on another thread and then it seemed to fix itself. Else I may need to work on these images a bit.

Welcome to the OP.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Congrats and welcome to the ROC! :act035:
Thanks!

126K? It should just be breaking in! :)
Make sure to follow up with the best maintenance. Lots of advice on that on this forum.
I was a little worried about buying something over 100k, not for the motor but for the body. I lucked out for sure!

Welcome to the ROC, looks great like if it was less than a year old. There are a lot of mods on the forum, and yes maintenance that you might want to check and keep up with.
It really is in great shape.

Welcome to the club!
Thanks!
Congrats on your purchase & Welcome to the ROC!

You might be interested in the "Things you may not have noticed about your Ridgeline" thread: http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2160
This is awesome, thanks for that!

Welcome and thanks for sharing all the photos!
Thanks! I'll try my best to keep you guys updated with pics! Everyone loves pics.

Very nice looking 06 Ridgeline. Many more years of Happy Honda motoring ahead.
Thanks!

Congrats on your new RTL and a warm west coast welcome to the ROC!

Happy Modding...
Thanks can't wait for it to warm up so I can get my hands on her!

Anyone else seeing massive images in the OP? I had that problem on another thread and then it seemed to fix itself. Else I may need to work on these images a bit.

Welcome to the OP.
Normally it takes a second to re-size them after they have full loaded. Thanks for the welcome!

·
Super Moderator
22,592 Posts
I just looked at the first post from my work PC and the first 4 images are still huge... screen scrolling huge.

I am using Chrome. Not sure if that's related or not. Also on Win 8.1x64 Pro for both home and work.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I just looked at the first post from my work PC and the first 4 images are still huge... screen scrolling huge.

I am using Chrome. Not sure if that's related or not. Also on Win 8.1x64 Pro for both home and work.
I have re-sized the first four pictures, hopefully that helps!

·
Super Moderator
22,592 Posts
Yep. That's a lot better. What was puzzling to me was that I had read that the forum software would resize automatically, but it never did.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
126K ?.... you're only half way there. Great buy & great looking truck. If you don't have unrealistic expectations for gas mileage, you'll be happy. That's the only department where our Ridgelines fall a bit short. We live with that in order to get all the rest. Enjoy!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
126K ?.... you're only half way there. Great buy & great looking truck. If you don't have unrealistic expectations for gas mileage, you'll be happy. That's the only department where our Ridgelines fall a bit short. We live with that in order to get all the rest. Enjoy!
Yeah, that's what i've been told. 126k aint nothing. I understand they don't get the best gas mileage, but i didn't buy her for good gas!

Thanks for the warm welcome!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Small update!
Installed my Kenwood DNX 7140 into the ridgeline the other day. Including the adapter to use the steering wheel controls. Also a reverse camera that I didn't finish cause it's still too cold out!

Finally got a bit of snow here in NorthEastPA.

I love this picture! 7:30AM before the plows hit the road!:act035:

Of course a gas picture! Rims packed with snow cause I was doing donuts. :act024:

Hopefully we'll be getting more snow in the next few days. This truck is amazing in the snow, and with VSA off & in first gear it sure does some nice donuts! Hah!

For all of you instagram users out there, I have a few extra pics on there! Pop over and follow me @ Ncktstc.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
My birthday is this Saturday and the only thing I asked for was floor mats haha. Girlfriend came through like a champ she is! She got me a full set of tan weathertech for my ridgeline!

I couldn't wait to open them since we are getting slammed with snow almost every other night. The salt and snow was getting on my carpet making me not a happy camper.

I would ABSOLUTELY recommend these to anyone, they are laser cut to the dimensions and shape of the floor, they use the hooks to stay in place. They fit like a glove as if they were meant to be there.

I will never buy another set of floor mats again.:act035:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts