Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 40 of 75 Posts

·
Premium Member
2017 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Thanks to EarMark Audio for their flawless installation of my BlackVue DR900S-2CH dashcam system today. Using the ProMount to avoid sticking the front cam to the windshield, where I have ceramic tint installed. Took some pics of it installed. Still pending the Magic Pro that will allow the system to stay on when the engine is shut off. Hope that part comes in next week. Not reviewing it yet but will provide one about a month of having the full install complete.

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
@Pacman9270 Man you are wasting no time, love the mods. I still want to do the door sill trims you got. How hard was it?
Thanks Technist! I haven't installed them yet. I'm targeting to install them no later than this weekend. The install seems to be a little bit more involved that the door checkers and tailgate lock. I found a video on YouTube of some guys installing the sills on a Honda Pilot. I figure this is about the same configuration and I can figure it out from there. I'll search this website to see if anyone posted any RL-specific instructions as well. If I see none, I'll make note of any major issues with the install. Will keep you posted!

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I had time to install the illuminated door sills today. Was easier than I expected. I used a combination of the “Honda Pilot. How to install of LED door sill” YouTube video by Master V and Sons and instructions from College Hills Honda: https://www.collegehillshonda.com/instructions/ridgeline/2017/illuminateddoorsilltrim.pdf
The video gives a great perspective to remove the panels. The instructions are great for finding the 2-pin connector. The Driver side connector is located behind Eco button and Passenger is located as high as the bottom of the glove box, behind it. Here’s the result!

·
Registered
249 Posts
I had time to install the illuminated door sills today. Was easier than I expected. I used a combination of the “Honda Pilot. How to install of LED door sill” YouTube video by Master V and Sons and instructions from College Hills Honda: https://www.collegehillshonda.com/instructions/ridgeline/2017/illuminateddoorsilltrim.pdf
The video gives a great perspective to remove the panels. The instructions are great for finding the 2-pin connector. The Driver side connector is located behind Eco button and Passenger is located as high as the bottom of the glove box, behind it. Here’s the result!

View attachment 406119
That looks nice!

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Went to the Texas State Fair Drive-Thru today with my wife and her parents. Three hours in the “captain’s chair” with no issues. These seats are really comfortable. Had a great time with family. Got compliments on how comfortable the back seats were.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Went to the Texas State Fair Drive-Thru today with my wife and her parents. Three hours in the “captain’s chair” with no issues. These seats are really comfortable. Had a great time with family. Got compliments on how comfortable the back seats were.
We did 12 hour day drives from Texas when I helped my brother move and I agree very comfortable. Did not get the normal "need to stand up" I normally get when in the vehicle so long. Was really impressed on how comfortable the drive was.

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
We did 12 hour day drives from Texas when I helped my brother move and I agree very comfortable. Did not get the normal "need to stand up" I normally get when in the vehicle so long. Was really impressed on how comfortable the drive was.
Wow! Haven’t had a trip that long. Happy to hear the seats stayed comfortable! Have a vacation coming up. Will be about a 4 hour drive. Can’t wait. Need the break too.

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Completed my first major trash dump this morning. Payload of 500lbs and absolutely no issues. Should not be when this truck can handle 1500lbs of payload but thought I'd make note of it.

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Loving our trip to Dripping Springs, TX, the gateway to Hill Country! The 3.5 hour trip was easy and comfortable. We took our time and just enjoyed the ride.

Really enjoying my off road experience getting to and from our cabin. (I live in the city, give me a break. Lol) About a half-mile off-road drive.

View from the porch of our cabin!

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Today, we visited Hamilton Pool and walked a little bit of Reimers Ranch.

Hamilton Pool

Lots of winding roads and hills and the RL handles all of it well. There is a difference in ECO mode but no complaints from me. Great driving experience!

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Today, visited Westcave Preserve. Walked down to the beautiful grotto!

Today we got a little rain. Truck stayed planted. Felt no sliding on winding, hilly roads. Husky liners are doing a great job of keeping the carpet clean!

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Possible Issue: hearing a knock or flap in the engine compartment on the driver’s side when accelerating uphill. Will check this out later today.
Ok. So I hear more in my driver wheel well. Will investigate more.

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Got back home today. Another pleasant drive. Drove in ECO mode at speeds of 75, 85, and 90 mph at times. No issues at all during the drive. Did not hear any flapping or knocking noise. This vehicle does have passing speed, even in ECO mode. Gave the truck a wash to remove all the bug guts...

21 - 40 of 75 Posts