Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

61 - 75 of 75 Posts

·
Premium Member
2017 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Hey Ho! Welcome to the Madness that is the Honda Ridgeline and this Forum! Now, you have a very fine machine on your hands, and I like all the changes you have made to it, it add a 'touch of class' and 'speaks' that 'this Ridgeline is MINE! Might I SUGGEST that your next upgrades be an under seat storage box and the dividers for the truck bed 'trunk'?
With all the trucks 'quirks'[and no truck is perfect] this is the best mid size luxury truck on the market, and sadly, is Hondas best kept secret.

Keep reading and learning.
Thanks KiltedTailor. Yes, as SeattleR already stated, I do have it. I love it. I’ve checked out truck bed dividers but don’t need them right now.

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Made it through the Snowpacalypse in Dallas, TX. I was extremely impressed by the remote start. I figured the Ridgeline would not start up, with it sitting two days without starting. My truck started up with no problems. The heated steering wheel is AWESOME. The heated seats were great. The AWD system kept my truck planted and reassured me that I had reasonable control.

This past weekend. I helped save my sister money by moving her entire apartment with this truck. Of course it took multiple trips but this truck hauled the couch, washer and dryer, and a few boxes with ease(strategically stacked, of course). This truck continues to impress.

·
Premium Member
2018 Ridgeline RTLT in the odd 'green' shade. stock, with bed cover, I am 02nd owner
363 Posts
Ahh, Yes, moving goods, in this case a sister. This is the sort of work a R/l is intended for. The right 04 wheeled tool for the Job.

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
6-MONTH OVERALL REVIEW OF MY 2017 RTL-E
  • Great Things:
    • Smaller footprint allows me to park where full-size trucks, even Tacomas, cannot park
    • Smooth ride, even after changing tires from stock to Nitto Grapper tires (265/R60/18)
    • Heated Steering and seats worked well on cold days
    • Love the power adjustable seat and memory settings
    • Remote start has decent range and car starts in very cold weather (For reference: at 11-degrees F for two days of sitting)
    • Stock system is a great start and will satisfy most. Audiophiles or bass junkies will want to upgrade
    • Roomy and comfortable seats. For a 4 year old vehicle, the seats still look new.
    • AWD system is awesome. I've tested in mud, snow, and ice. Reasonable control. I never felt out of control
    • I love the LOOK of the Infotainment screen and the touch is responsive
  • Not-So-Great Things
    • Infotainment (CarPlay) System is extremely frustrating. CarPlay will work flawlessly for 2 connections and then will not work. VERY frustrating
    • I sometimes a concerning knock from below the truck, no matter the terrain. However, experiencing no drive train issues.
    • Lost 1-2 miles per gallon when I changed from stock tires. The new tires are a bit heavier.
    • There are some cool accessories for the Ridgeline but nowhere near as many as their are for the other midsize vehicles. Finding someone to install a lift on this vehicle is like trying to find Waldo.
  • My favorite changes I've done to the vehicle:
    • Tonneau Cover - Easy install. It has held up through the weather with no issues.
    • Illuminated Door sills - Easy install. They are such a great add to the look of the truck. So far, so good.
    • Extended Door Checkers - Easy install. Great for anyone with a pre-2020 model. Do it.
    • Floor mats are still holding up well. No issues.
    • Gas/Brake pedal covers are holding up with no issues
  • Changes with issues or I could do without:
    • The infotainment screen protector came off during the extreme cold. Loved the look and it really protected the screen. Will use the second one that I have.
    • The dust catchers. They do absolutely nothing but be annoying. lol
    • Jury is still out on my Dashcam system. Don't know if it was worth that much cost. I guess it will be if I get in an accident
    • Ceramic tint will really be tested out this year. I got it in the month of October. Will see if it really rejects heat.
I hope this wasn't too long. Just wanted to put this out there so that if anyone is looking to purchase the vehicle, they have another customer reference to go by.

·
Registered
249 Posts
6-MONTH OVERALL REVIEW OF MY 2017 RTL-E
  • Great Things:
    • Smaller footprint allows me to park where full-size trucks, even Tacomas, cannot park
    • Smooth ride, even after changing tires from stock to Nitto Grapper tires (265/R60/18)
    • Heated Steering and seats worked well on cold days
    • Love the power adjustable seat and memory settings
    • Remote start has decent range and car starts in very cold weather (For reference: at 11-degrees F for two days of sitting)
    • Stock system is a great start and will satisfy most. Audiophiles or bass junkies will want to upgrade
    • Roomy and comfortable seats. For a 4 year old vehicle, the seats still look new.
    • AWD system is awesome. I've tested in mud, snow, and ice. Reasonable control. I never felt out of control
    • I love the LOOK of the Infotainment screen and the touch is responsive
  • Not-So-Great Things
    • Infotainment (CarPlay) System is extremely frustrating. CarPlay will work flawlessly for 2 connections and then will not work. VERY frustrating
    • I sometimes a concerning knock from below the truck, no matter the terrain. However, experiencing no drive train issues.
    • Lost 1-2 miles per gallon when I changed from stock tires. The new tires are a bit heavier.
    • There are some cool accessories for the Ridgeline but nowhere near as many as their are for the other midsize vehicles. Finding someone to install a lift on this vehicle is like trying to find Waldo.
  • My favorite changes I've done to the vehicle:
    • Tonneau Cover - Easy install. It has held up through the weather with no issues.
    • Illuminated Door sills - Easy install. They are such a great add to the look of the truck. So far, so good.
    • Extended Door Checkers - Easy install. Great for anyone with a pre-2020 model. Do it.
    • Floor mats are still holding up well. No issues.
    • Gas/Brake pedal covers are holding up with no issues
  • Changes with issues or I could do without:
    • The infotainment screen protector came off during the extreme cold. Loved the look and it really protected the screen. Will use the second one that I have.
    • The dust catchers. They do absolutely nothing but be annoying. lol
    • Jury is still out on my Dashcam system. Don't know if it was worth that much cost. I guess it will be if I get in an accident
    • Ceramic tint will really be tested out this year. I got it in the month of October. Will see if it really rejects heat.
I hope this wasn't too long. Just wanted to put this out there so that if anyone is looking to purchase the vehicle, they have another customer reference to go by.
Pacman have you tried to reset your radio unit. When I was having issues with my iPhone being detected upon startup this seemed to resolve my issues. If you haven't tried it yet, I would recommend it. Might be obvious but it will wipe out your settings like radio stations. Apple Carplay stopped working Accord 2018 - Apple Community

·
Premium Member
2018 Ridgeline RTLT in the odd 'green' shade. stock, with bed cover, I am 02nd owner
363 Posts
Well Done, and the length was correct for its intended message.Any shorter, and it would defeat the reason for it.

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #67

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #68

·
Registered
12 Posts
Those illuminated door sills steal the show. is there a red version? also - how long did it take to install those and did you need any special tools?

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Those illuminated door sills steal the show. is there a red version? also - how long did it take to install those and did you need any special tools?
It took about 2 hours for me. Only special tool needed is a plastic pry bar to remove console and door sill covers. Check out the Honda Pilot door sill video on YouTube and download instructions from Honda. I used this combination to figure it out.

·
Registered
8 Posts
LOVE your chronicle of what you have done with your truck. I just bought a 2021 RTLE and want to get a lift/level kit. Worried about changing the drive quality experience. How do you like the Nittos?

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
LOVE your chronicle of what you have done with your truck. I just bought a 2021 RTLE and want to get a lift/level kit. Worried about changing the drive quality experience. How do you like the Nittos?
Great traction and no road noise I can hear. Did take 1mpg loss but that’s it. Gained 1/2inch in clearance with 265/60/R18. No rubbing.

·
Registered
182 Posts
My first time viewing the thread. I love all the updates you have done. Bravo,

Reactions: Pacman9270
61 - 75 of 75 Posts