Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

My First Ridgeline and already loving the ride! My journey with it...

19K views 88 replies 18 participants last post by  fskywalker 
#1 · (Edited)
Purchased my first truck on September 4th! I’m now the proud owner of a 2017 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E in White Pearl! Drove to Canton, TX last weekend and was extremely impressed with the MPG and ride quality. This is the first truck I've ever owned and am already loving it. I will use this thread to chronicle the additions and modifications that I make to the vehicle. I will also share my personal experiences with this truck as well. My purposes for this vehicle are to be my daily driver, DIY home project hauler, and mild-adventure vehicle! I hope to be able to help someone out, like you all have done for me. Appreciate your time and attention and please provide any input you may have as well. Enjoy! I know I am!

Already installed mods/upgrades:
  • Ridgeline Running Boards
  • Hood Wind/Bug Deflector
  • Front/Rear Splash Guards
Additions/Mods (Updated as of 09/19/20):
  • Center Console Divider/Organizer
  • FormulaOne Stratos Window Tint
  • Tow Hitch Cover
  • Husky All-Weather Floor Liners (Front Row)
  • T-Mobile SyncUp Drive Module
  • USB accent light (Blue) for second row floor
  • Tailgate Manual Lock
  • CupHolder Hero liners
  • AVS VentShade Window Deflectors In-channel
  • 2nd Row OEM Door Extenders
Pending additions/mods (Updated as of 09/19/20):
  • Husky All-Weather Floor Liners (2nd Row)
  • BlackVue DR900S 2ch Dashcam System
  • Display Screen Protector
  • Illuminated Door Sills
  • Skid Plates (Front/ Rear)
  • Soft Tonneau Cover
  • Wheels/Tires(when new ones are needed)

See less See more
#74 ·
My first time viewing the thread. I love all the updates you have done. Bravo,

Reactions: Pacman9270
#76 ·
Got my first oil change yesterday. $98 for the service from the Lute Riley Honda Express Service dealership. While in warranty I like for the dealership to do the servicing. I was shocked at the cost, but was told this is done only once a year for this vehicle. I have not followed up with my reading on this but will reconfirm. People were friendly and service was quick. Windshield wiper flush, complimentary wash and vacuum of the front row.

#77 ·
Your truck looks nice. I have never heard of a wiper flush.

#78 ·
Really great that you are posting all your experiences! Just bought my Ridgeline in March...2019...but was a dealer lease vehicle and was showroom new with 12K. Took it on my first trip 2100 miles. Had a lot of misgivings after reading lots of negative stuff on ROC but this truck is solid! Like it a lot!

#84 ·
ONE YEAR OVERALL REVIEW OF MY 2017 RTL-E

It's been a month past a year of owning and driving this vehicle. Now that the pandemic is near the end, things are going back to normal. I have averaged driving this vehicle 2-3 times per week. Vehicle is now parked under a carport.
  • Great Things:
    • I still get to park almost anywhere I want
    • Nitto Grapper tires (265/R60/18) are going strong
    • Seats are holding up very well
    • Remote start feature is consistent
    • AWD system continues to be awesome. I always feel planted on the road, on and off
    • Infotainment screen is still very responsive
    • Truck bed speaker system is such a cool feature for drive-in movies
  • Not-So-Great Things
    • Infotainment (CarPlay) System is still frustrating but much of that frustration was because of the lightning cable I was using ( I later found out)
    • I still hear knocking/grinding from below the truck on light accelerations, no matter the terrain. However, still experiencing no drive train issues.
  • Accessories/Upgrades Update:
    • Tonneau Cover - Not fading and holds up very well
    • Illuminated Door sills - No issues. Still lighting up and hold solid.
    • Extended Door Checkers - No issues.
    • Floor mats - Still look new when washed.
    • Gas/Brake pedal covers - No slipping. They are holding well
    • Infotainment screen protector - reset the same sheet and has not lost any responsiveness and is crystal clar
    • Dashcam system - after I redirected the Wi-Fi to my OneDrive device, things are alot smoother
    • Ceramic tint - Has not been in the sun enough to confirm it makes any difference
All in all, I love my Ridgeline. I have hauled 4'x8' plywood sheets(so convenient) and 12' long 2"x8" beams for my woodworking projects. Been to more drive-in movies and enjoyed the "surround" effect.

I'm still a very happy owner! Cheers my Ridgeline Brothers and Sisters!