Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well first off I had a few neighbors ask me If I had the car stored somewhere. I had a 2008 Nimbus Grey RTS, and now similar color. That was pretty funny. Some asked why I bought the same vehicle(odly enough it was only the women on the block, just an observation.) The Polished Metalliac really is a great color on the Ridgeline. I think it is a little darker and nicer shade then the Nimbus. I'm partial to the grey color on the truck, and takes to being dirty a little better then some other colors.

With all the snow we had this past week in NY, I snow plow for a muncipality I work for when requested, and depending on the shift your either comeing or going in bad weather, the Ridgeline really is fantastic in the snow. I really tested the VSA a few times this past week and that along VTM-4 with its ability to safely traverse all conditions I encountered I can say it is a great truck. The VSA is much more active then my wifes odyssey, it really has the ability to solve some precarious situations. IanRTL, the heated seats were a nice option to have getting into a cold truck at 4am. The only thing I did notice, is high gets too hot if left on long enough, and low really is low and takes a little time to get warm. I find the leather a little slippery, and its taking a little time to get use to the seat comfort.( I think the dealer sprayed something on that made the seats too slippery) I also use to cloth seats.

I am amazed, at how quickly it gets up to temperature, and produces hot air from the ventilation system. It doesn't seem to run hot, and I was a little concerned at first, but appears to be normal, and the gauge always reads below the middle line.

Some additional observations, is the truck really drives like a car, on flat surfaces I would say it drives smoother then my wifes ody, is fairly quiet and I forgot how much room it has, especially the back seat area. It was nice not having to move the seat forward and try to put some kids and swim team gear, violins etc into a cub cab back seat ( 2001 Dodge Dakota). They just climbed in with all there crap, and still have plenty of room to spare. Gas mileage isnt any worse then what I am use to so that works for me. A long commute might be a different story.

The radio sucks really bad. I had the beats audio upgrade in my charger I traded so talk about going backwards in light years. OMG. Even my 13 yr old dakota has better fidelity. Will be my first mod, soon as the weather breaks, new speakers to start.( I hope I can stand it that long) There is some great info on what fits and some sound deading ideas which I have read and will apply once you can actually work outside without freezing.

Many complain about lack of power, but for daily driving its seems to be plenty, I think its the torque rating which is more then most v6's that are normally aspirated.

I do have one issue with a vibration at idle, that goes away when driving, and they owe me a master key, which is now in, so they are going to give me a loaner and will take a look and I won't be stuck at the dealer tomorrow. The vibration is only at idle, and i am strongly leaning toward a bad motor mount.
I also noticed a slight resonance with the exhauast at around 2000 rpms under heavy acceleration. I vaguley remeember this condition with my 2008 RTS. Not sure if everyone has it , or if it is a problem. Ill do some research to see if there is any potential issues. I would think not though.

Most who have seen the truck ask me if it is new, so that always makes you feel good. I forgot about the blind spots with the high back bed sides so that takes a little getting use to., and it seem a little stiff over bumps( back suspension) not so much the front, it might be the cold weather and only over real bad road. I'm glad I went with a CPO car instead of buying outright its nice to have the extra years of powertrain warranty just in case. I am hopeful this will serve me well for a long time, and I look forward to making some nice updates to the truck when time and $$ permit.

·
Premium Member
2,166 Posts
Welcome back!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So to follow up, I had a vibration issue, which I though might be a motor mount. Turns out it was a motor mount I also had them check wind noise on windshield. they confirmed it was excessive and order the"fix" kit. Will see how that goes.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Welcome back to the ROC! Hope they get your issues resolved so you can begin enjoying what an awesome truck we own!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts