Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I didn't exactly follow the rules :p

A little about myself.... I graduated from Purdue University in May and moved to Charlotte, NC with my fiancee because she got a job here. I am currently still looking for an entry level engineering position, hope to find one soon.

I have been searching this forum for some time now because my Dad just purchased a new vehicle. His top picks were the Ridgeline and the Tacoma Double Cab. I was trying to help him decide, so I searched different forums for the good and the bad of these two trucks... he is now the owner of a 2006 Nighthawk Black / Beige RTL with sunroof, roof rack, chrome look wheels, running boards, and mud flaps.

This website has been a great source of information! Thanks!

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
It's not so much a rule as an invitation. We're glad you stopped by and told us your story. Your dad is a lucky man on more than one count.

Do you live nearby so that you've seen his new truck?

Good luck on landing a great job soon.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, unfortunately I haven’t been home since he’s had the Rigeline. Hopefully I will be able to go home for Thanksgiving and I can check it out then.

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
Does your dad have the net? We'd love to hear from him too.

I hope you make it home since you have a stake in his new truck.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Truckin' said:
Does your dad have the net? We'd love to hear from him too.
Yes, but he's still on 56k, so I don't think he spends much time surfing the forums. lol, I've learned that if I want to tell him something I either email him while he's still at work or just call!

·
Registered
529 Posts
Welcome!

Congrats to you all on a wise purchase and choosing the best color! :D

As for the entry level job..... I just met a young man earlier this week that is graduating in December in Nuclear Engineering and has landed his first engineer position in Charlotte with Duke Energy. You may want to check with them.

Good Luck!!!

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Welcome, and at least for now you can live vicariously through your father. Maybe after you are all hooked up with an engineering position you will find yourself on the search for a new vehicle and will also get a Ridgeline. I would spread the Ridgeline mantra but most of my family can't afford a Ridgeline right now :(. Maybe when a few used one start hitting the market they will be able to get into a good pre-owned Ridgeline.

Oh and in addition, get your father to visit, we don't bite, well at least most of us don't ;).

·
Registered
459 Posts
TR6finch said:
Yes, but he's still on 56k, so I don't think he spends much time surfing the forums. lol, I've learned that if I want to tell him something I either email him while he's still at work or just call!
I have dial up at home.grrrrr it takes for ever to read posts. Sometimes pictures are a lifetime to see. I look at work since we have a server there. Its just those stupid ventilator alarms bug me.:p

1 - 8 of 8 Posts