Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to Dollar Tree and found some popcorn containers that came in pairs and nestle neatly together. I put a strip of Velcro on the container and another in the console space. And while I was at it I put some Velcro in place for a holster to fit on the other side.

What I like about the nesting containers is that it is easy to pull the inner one out and root through it and then slide it back in. Other stuff won’t fall into that space. And if I have to, I can pull the whole thing out and keep the Velcro in place.

The holster is a number 21 from Gum Creek. They specialize in under the steering column holster systems. I used it because it already has a big piece of Velcro on the side. It was easy to put 2 adhesive pieces in the console space. I have it tilted back a little so that the lid has clearance when it slides into place. There is room for a full size handgun. The one in the picture is a Sig Sauer P220. I have a permit to carry and do so every day. I like the holster in the truck so that I can transfer it when I will be behind the wheel for a while. I don’t store a handgun in the truck. It does no good unless it is with me.

I used a heavy duty outdoor Velcro from Home Depot.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Americans and there Guns.
We can not carry weapon like this in Canada unless you are going to a shooting range and it should be locked in a case and cops should be notified
over all its good less guns less gun fights less people die. less mass murders overall peace
We had an instructor from Texas last year only thing he will talk about is him and guns. He also had names for them too.
We were like thank god we live in Canada

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
American's and THEIR guns. Thanks for your input. I am more of an advocate for personal responsibility. I can take care of myself. I was trained by my military and protected democracy in far away places. Thank goodness I have the means to protect myself and family at home. Feel free to call the police. I'm sure they will get a report. I served with some fine Canadians who feel the same way!!

·
Registered
151 Posts
I prefer to be prepared to defend my family against one of the mass murderers you are referring to. Or a carjacking. Or an intruder in my home. I do not have military experience. I've invested in the available training /classes that helped me become a more confident, responsible, capable gun owner.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was more impressed with the popcorn containers than the holster. Such is life. My message for all is clear. In the event of an emergency you will revert to your lowest level of training. Train the way you will fight and keep your head on a swivel. Most people are sheep. I will be a sheepdog, vigilant and ready.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
We can not carry weapon like this in Canada unless you are going to a shooting range and it should be locked in a case and cops should be notified
over all its good less guns less gun fights less people die. less mass murders overall peace
We had an instructor from Texas last year only thing he will talk about is him and guns. He also had names for them too.
blah blah blah, waaaa waaaa waaaa. Did you say something? I see, nothing important.

Attachments

·
Registered
296 Posts

The right to keep and bear arms was declared a constitutionally-enshrined right in America, when the nation first came into being in the late 1700s. You acknowledge that there are more guns in the US verses Canada, but you failed in giving America credit for protecting your precious country with all of those guns. You spend immensely LESS on your own national defense (.99% GDP verses our 3.3%) due to the protection WE in America afford you. This in-turn allows you to spend MORE on Socialized medical programs. We understand this, and will continue to protect you, even though your ignorance blinds you to the root causes of your assertions.

·
Registered
179 Posts
The right to keep and bear arms was declared a constitutionally-enshrined right in America, when the nation first came into being in the late 1700s. You acknowledge that there are more guns in the US verses Canada, but you failed in giving America credit for protecting your precious country with all of those guns. You spend immensely LESS on your own national defense (.99% GDP verses our 3.3%) due to the protection WE in America afford you. This in-turn allows you to spend MORE on Socialized medical programs. We understand this, and will continue to protect you, even though your ignorance blinds you to the root causes of your assertions.
You protecting Canada??? HAHAHA
talk to me when you yourself join Military yourself. Thanks for voting in an Idiot for one of the most important position in the World. I don't give dam about all this crap. I work hard. I am a honest law abiding citizen and still make over six figures NOT working in the Oil related business.

I acknowledge its my fault to taking this thread off track. Lets stop this right here and focus on the storage space >:)

·
Registered
2,253 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
You protecting Canada??? HAHAHA
talk to me when you yourself join Military yourself. Thanks for voting in an Idiot for one of the most important position in the World. I don't give dam about all this crap. I work hard. I am a honest law abiding citizen and still make over six figures NOT working in the Oil related business.

I acknowledge its my fault to taking this thread off track. Lets stop this right here and focus on the storage space >:)
1. Yes, the US protecting Canada. I believe in facts, which you cannot provide. So I'll give you a short education:

-The U.S. outpaces all other nations (including Canada) in military expenditures. World military spending totaled more than $1.6 trillion in 2015. The U.S. accounted for 37 percent of the total.
-U.S. military expenditures are roughly the size of the next seven largest military budgets around the world, (Not Canada) combined.
-The U.S. spends close to what the entire rest of the world spends in defense. $711 billion. Per year. The next closest is China at $143 billion.
-The M1 Abrams tank has seen more combat than just about any other tank on the battlefield today. It has never been knocked out by enemy fire. (Completely killed). Ever. (Canada has no such vehicle, with a total of 60 tanks in their inventory)
-China has less than 500 Type 99 tanks, that have just been developed, and are not even close to being as good as the Abrams. We have 8,700 Abrams, compared to Canada's 60 tanks, wait....that was mentioned above.
-We have 10 aircraft carriers. The good kind. Everyone else has 10. Combined. And they are mostly small ships that can launch helicopters. Canada has none, which is the same as zero.
-There are 8,400 attack helicopters in the world. The U.S. has 6,400 of them. Canada has none, which is the same as zero. Reading this article will shed some light on your ignorance: CANADIAN DEFENCE MATTERS: WHY CANADA DOESN?T HAVE ATTACK HELICOPTERS
-The United States has engaged in every type of ground warfare in the last 20 years. From mountains to jungles, and from desert to urban, we have the some of the most experienced warriors in the world. No other country comes close to the amount of combat veterans that we have.
-We own all the satellites that guide GPS systems. We have all the advanced stealth technology. The latest sensors? U.S. The latest information systems? U.S. An Abrams tank can see a target, the tank commander can instantly send that target to every tank in his company.

Fighting a conventional war against the U.S. would be like a 3-year-old child playing chess against Gary Kasparov. They wouldn't even know what they were supposed to be looking at.

Sources: https://www.military1.com/all/article/402211-how-much-stronger-is-the-us-military-compared-with-the-next-strongest-power/
Forget China?the U.S. Is Still the Global Superpower | Time.com
How Powerful Is America's Military Really? | The National Interest Blog
https://www.quora.com/Is-the-US-military-really-the-best-or-is-it-all-just-hype
https://fas.org/sgp/crs/row/R44196.pdf
Military Strength Comparison
https://www.nationalpriorities.org/campaigns/us-military-spending-vs-world/
Here Is Every Aircraft Carrier in the World

2. I am retired from the United States Air Force, serving on active duty for 30 years. So again, YOUR asinine assertion is false.
3. Nobody cares about your six-figure income.
4. I respect and thank you for being an honest, law-abiding citizen.

Any other questions or comments? Now let's get back to the center console reality!

·
Premium Member
7,332 Posts
Stop the political BS. Stay on top or this thread will be closed and possibly some members banned. If you cannot respect fellow ROC members I will ban you for life.

This silly bantering and going so far off topic is not acceptable. End it NOW. GROW up. Respect the opinions of others. Or leave here. Your choice.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Stop the political BS. Stay on top or this thread will be closed and possibly some members banned. If you cannot respect fellow ROC members I will ban you for life.

This silly bantering and going so far off topic is not acceptable. End it NOW. GROW up. Respect the opinions of others. Or leave here. Your choice.

I think it was stopped 10 hours ago

1 - 19 of 19 Posts