Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Looks great. I like the grill. My Ridgeline the same look (black, side boards, fog lights, chrome wheeels) but with the original grill. Yours is better.

·
Registered
171 Posts
your truck looks very very nice. I though I wanted red but now you make me want black. ;)

·
Registered
264 Posts
Sharp ride there U-H.
Drive it in good health

·
Registered
283 Posts
Very nice looking vehicle - and more practical than a Harley. Good luck with it.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Nice
Stupid question, are those Honda Rims?
Anyone have a picture of a Blue Ridge with chrome or after market Rims?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hog,
Where did you get the ROC window sticker? I have been watching the site for info on where to get one but it only says "coming soon".

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the kind words.

Yes, the wheels are the Honda chrome wheels. I like them a lot. They are very high quality wheels, not cheap (no kidding!) knock offs.
The "window sticker" is actually a prototype that I was playing with when I was considering having some made. I have a friend in the sign business that can make them out of a suitable vinyl material. I seem to recall that Ladyridge may be able to have stickers made as well. I was planning to have some made and give them away to ROC members that sent a postage paid envelope in order to promote this site and the Ridgeline. What you see in the picture is actually a copy (from the top of this page), cut (with scissors), and paste (with scotch tape) mock-up of what I was playing around with. As you can see from the photo, it started to rain just as I took the last picture. The paper sample did not last more than a few more minutes. Before I went any further, I contacted T Mac and asked about copyright issues and asked for permission to continue. He said that there was a sticker that was being worked on and that it should be available soon. I dropped my project at that point. I don't want to interfere or rain on someone elses parade. The bottom line is, I want one too!

·
Registered
51 Posts
It's summer here in sunny Southern California, and so far, my bikes have won. I've had the Ridgeline for almost four weeks, I have 350 miles on it now. In the meantime, I've put 2,000 miles on the bikes. Tomorrow, I am going shopping for another bike!

Nothing wrong with the Ridgeline mind you. I love it, but I can't compare a sunset cruise on a bike to the same drive in my Ridgeline. I like the feel of the wind rushing around me.

·
Registered
10,401 Posts
I hear ya. Given the choice, the Ridgeline would sit.

I was at a graduation party on Saturday, and my good friend's brother threw me the keys to his $22K 95" special edition Road King. I took it for a nice putt along the lake. It was GREAT to be back in the wind again, if only for a moment.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Once the weather starts to cooperate and the novelty of the new Ridgeline simmers down a bit I am sure that things will return to normal. We got a chance to take a ride on the bike yesterday afternoon so we did. Had a great ride and saw lots of other bikes, but have yet to see a second Ridgeline since spotting our first one last month.

·
Registered
141 Posts
HOG
Wow looks very close to mine, but I sure like your wheels better, chrome must be in your blood. I perfer no roof rack, kinda like no required helmet. Let me take a stab in the dark. You ride a Black Ultra-Classic, maybe a 2003 Anniversary Edition...How close was I?

Ya know Since I got the Ridgeline, I opted for the Ridgeline over the bike, too....Maybe those 90 degree days with the 70% humidity has something to do with it?..I still have put over 4000 on the dresser this year, so far. They both are now competing for my available time. Nice truck! :cool:

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I had a 2000 Luxury Rich Red & Black Ultra but was forced to trade it in due to an electrical problem that could not be located or repaired. The master circuit breaker would trip very intermittently for no apparent reason leaving us with no lights, no ignition, nothing at all. Nearly got us killed more than once. Harley Davidson issued a TSB two weeks after we traded it in and would not do anything for us. I came very close to jumping ship and buying a different brand. All that was available at the time of the trade was a 2002 Sun Glow Jade Ultra (Green, sometimes blue, sometimes black, depending on the angle of the sun). Last year PA passed a no helmet required law but I will not ride without one. Thats my choice. We have been down a few times and fortunately walked away with destroyed helmets and torn up jackets and pants. I have seen too many people die or get severely injured in similar crashes.

Sadly, I have been very busy with many different things this summer and my riding time is at an all time low. I hope to make up some lost seat time later in the summer.

What do you ride?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Similar to people who resemble their dogs....I have a Black Ridgeline, so it sorta matches my Black 2003 Anniversary Ultra-Classic. The dresser is pretty much Chromed and Accessoried out. The bike cost, once accessorized now falls a few clicks short of what I paid for the Ridge. Amazing how chrome and parts can add up. So if people don't think they are getting alot of vehicle with the Ridgeline, take a look at a Harley. BTW Harleys have XM and Nav this year, so you can will resemble your Ridge. :) Whoever said bigger boys have bigger toys was right on the money.

Now I get my chance for accessorize the Ridge. I do enjoy building these up. You have to start with a good base. The Harley and Ridgeline surely fit that need. I can truely say that this vehicle has me more excited than any of the mustle cars I have owned in the past. It will be a great journey.
The people on these forums are fantastic at sharing what works, and what doesn't. How it looks with your paint and where they had problems adding it. This is invaluable to someone like me. Thanks all for sharing!

We differ on helmets, don't wear on one the Bike, or will I in the Ridge. But, there centainly is nothing wrong with wearing a helmet. The Ridge is forcing me to wear a seatbelt all the time, so us old guys can change their habits..Thanks Honda. Maybe soon Harley will make you wear a helmet before you can ride.....NOT. :eek:
Have fun people, life is very short

·
Registered
7 Posts
How can you even think of flying my flag over an import?

·
Registered
7 Posts
:) Painful to you as it may be, I felt compelled to help those of you who may still be considering continued citizenship rather than mere residency of this United States of America. While it may seem to you overly sensitive types that I'm simply bashing a foreign product let me assure you that absolutely nothing could be further from the truth. let me set the record straight. I am a 21 year Navy veteran and I loved my time serving alongside the Japanese Maritime Self-Defence Forces. Working with them and living amongst their countrymen are among the highlights of my Naval career. It's important to note that with the exception of Submarines and recently indigenously produced combat aircraft...The Japanese Self Defence forces will not purchase any military related products (nor will they work on the same side during war games) of any other country on the face of the earth! There have been many occasions where ranking Japanese officers informed me that it was not out of some misplaced sense of fair-play nor was it subservient in nature...It was quite simply the fact that the ships, aircraft and combat vehicles we here in the United States manufacture are light years ahead of anything else on the planet and they only provide the very best for their people....Think about that...They buy American products because they're superior in quality to anything their own industry or that or the Europeans....And I bet you didn't bother driving an Avalanche (real Truck) before you bought that over blown toy! Now on to my most (recent) favorite subject
The knockoff Honda parlayed on the unsuspecting public in the form of a truck falls short in far too many ways. When compared to the Ridgeline the Avalanche is king and if you haven't taken the opportunity to get into one at the GM discount price; then you are a person who never admits a mistake, believes anything he reads, trusts that anything imported into this country is a superior product (Oh and by the way...While the foreign auto makers assembling vehicles on our soil do employ many people in what would otherwise be impoverished, remote areas of the USA; it's important to see why and gauge the overall impact to the very economy that you enjoy - These foreign manufacturers import almost all the parts and send home more than 80% of the profits. Ask yourself if keeping up with the Jones' today is important enough for you to know that your children probably won't know anything other than a minimum wage job with no choice of their being an independent home-owner...and it falls at your feet!
Too late for you now, but I ask you to actually think before you buy next time. If your answer is like so many of those residents of my country and you feel the need to be duped into remaining blissfully ignorant, of being called a cash cow overseas by the very people you rave about...well then you can be led around by the nose and must like driving a small wannabe.
Like it or not, what you have is absolutely not a Truck...with it's limited cargo capacity (5' bed), the Ridgeline is more apt to be compared with our little, light duty Colorado Crew. Honda's additional compartment is unique and I'm sure is a welcome bin for loose items, but I don't quite see any huge breakthrough in functionality. I too have to wonder why innovative Honda didn't fit Ridgeline with a "midgate," so that the cargo area could be extended into the rear part of the cab. As it is, there's only got five feet of bed there....yea, yea there is an optional bed extender available, but it only adds a foot so we're still well short of the eight(+) feet offered by the Avalanche with its midgate folded. I know, I know the Avalanche is overall a longer vehicle but hey, the big difference/advantage is in the midgate. Even stranger is the Ridgeline's lack of a folding front passenger seat. At General Motors we have them in most of our smaller cars and SUVs. Stop the presses...Does that equate to much over-rated Honda motor company's being among the last to adopt a highly functional innovation? With the Ridgeline's very limited ability to carry long cargo, I find it ludicrous to own or even brag about living on our shores...
If you must drive a Honda then do so over another Honda product, I suppose you can claim some additional cargo volume, with the Ridgeline being a foot-and-a-half longer than Pilot. But after factoring in the Ridgeline's space-robbing rear cab wall, what you have left is quite simply a cargo area that can easier to hose out than a Pilot's.
Far too many reviews have been written inappropriately comparing Honda's Ridgeline with our Avalanche and while the Ridgeline may appear to rival full-size trucks in width; and width affects perceived size as much, if not more than length...it's no wonder that you've been duped into buying a forgery. My surely unwanted but sage advice is to quietly admit the error of your ways and go get yourself a real Truck (Silverado or Avalanche) as soon as you can...Before the GM employee discount offer with rebates expires. :)

1 - 20 of 43 Posts