Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just picked up my Black Edition on Tuesday. When it hit 75 Km the dash looked like a Christmas Tree! Abs, Vsa, Awd,Acc,Tsa, power steering , lane keep, blah, blah. The dealer has it right now. First they said it was software now they are saying its a harness under the bed with water in it but there still not sure? WTF what kind of junk does Honda make. I called Honda Canada to see if the vehicle ended up in a storm or something and the told me it could be from humidity BS! They could careless and told me to phone backNot sure what to do at this point not impressed! I can't believe how poorly Honda treats there customers! No recommendation here.

·
Premium Member
608 Posts
I just picked up my Black Edition on Tuesday. When it hit 75 Km the dash looked like a Christmas Tree! Abs, Vsa, Awd,Acc,Tsa, power steering , lane keep, blah, blah. The dealer has it right now. First they said it was software now they are saying its a harness under the bed with water in it but there still not sure? WTF what kind of junk does Honda make. I called Honda Canada to see if the vehicle ended up in a storm or something and the told me it could be from humidity BS! They could careless and told me to phone backNot sure what to do at this point not impressed! I can't believe how poorly Honda treats there customers! No recommendation here.
Sorry to hear that....let us know what caused it and how it goes.

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
Sorry to hear of your troubles, man, and I hope they get it resolved quickly. Your "dash-crash" sounds very much like what happened to a few 2016 Pilot owners and is not common. But it does bring to mind the words of a certain person who warned us that we'd see known Pilot flaws coming back to haunt the new RL. IMO, it would be inexcusable for Honda to treat you with anything less than stellar service and accommodation while your truck is de-bugged.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
There are more cases on the forum of this. The other guys have said its a harness issue. Two harnesses ordered as its multiple causes for your issue.

·
Registered
114 Posts
In response to children asking the Toyota Motor Company "How many parts is each car made of?" (strange diction, for sure!), Toyota responded "30,000." (Click on ??? | How many parts is each car made of?)

Assuming that's the case, it means that even if the average car is 99.99% perfect, there are still about 30 things -- a wire, a clip, a connection -- that might be defective or improperly assembled.

No question I, too, would be angry and frustrated as hell if my new car dropped me by the side of the road. I know that because that's exactly what happened to me 46 years ago. A brand-spanking-new Volvo dropped me at 9 p.m. on A1A 30 miles south of Jacksonville, FL. Didn't get home until 3 a.m. Still pissed about it, frankly.

That's one of the reasons I've been buying Hondas for more than 30 years. Because the odds of that recurring are almost non-existent. That's no consolation to you, of course, but it's a fact nonetheless.

With regard to your call to Honda of Canada, to be quite candid, I'm not at all surprised that the screener you spoke with didn't know what might be wrong with your truck. That person's job is to listen to you and then get back in touch with the dealer who sold you your truck, and, if possible, coordinate a solution with a regional representative. In this regard, as much as I loath Volvos to this day, I've come to appreciate that Honda is a very different company. No one wants to fight with you about your new truck. There's no upside in that. Most dealers will do whatever they can to solve your problem as quickly as possible. Or, perhaps I should say, that's been my experience even when, as is often the case, I've bought a Honda at one store and occasionally needed a warranty item fixed at another.

New truck, new assembly processes, new repair procedures. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say your truck will be fixed as soon as someone with experience can sort out what caused the problem. Me, I'd drink the free coffee, ignore the doomsayers on this board, give the dealership a reasonable opportunity to fix your truck, and then hit on those guys and Honda of Canada for a free HondaCare warranty. That's worked for me. May work for you.

·
Administrator
16,062 Posts
Do you mind sharing the last 4 digits of your VIN?

·
Registered
971 Posts
I would find that to be quite dangerous depending on some situations. Not every time you drive of course, but there are times where you really need your throttle response to get in and out of trouble. I noted a few times over my ownership of a gen 1 that this was the case. Nothing serious but it was a very disturbing and vaulnarable feeling I can say that. 1-2 second lag could be a problem and to be honest it shouldn't be that way.

Again I doubt this happens often but the need for a bit of torque when you need it very important. Hopefully new gen 2 owners can find a solution or maybe its Honda that needs to step up here and deal with this.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I bought a fully loaded Touring Edition on Thursday past. Got about 20km from the dealership and the same thing happened to me. Every dash warning light came on and several scrolling warning messages in the Multi-information display. I took it back to the dealer and it resolved itself on way there only to return about 15km later. They worked on it all day Friday and cannot fix the problem. Service Manager called me and said they are talking with Honda Tech but need to keep it a few days. Needless to say, I am not impressed. Hopefully they sort it out and it is an simple fix which can be resolved with no lasting issues. If it is a more complex to repair, I will be very concerned. Personally, I do not have a lot of faith in dealership techs repair, disassembly and reassembly procedures. I have had too many experiences of broken clips, missing screws or ties, NVH insulation not being replaced or misplaced. Couldn't even get a loaner from the dealer. PITFA. :frown::frown::frown:

·
Registered
136 Posts
Something similar happened to me. I complained to corporate. Told them I'm paying 450 a month and that I'm not paying for it to get fixed for a week. The repairs were covered under warranty but corporate sent me a check for 150 bucks. Never had the problem again and the money was nice.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
173 Posts
ONLY when you hit 75? Does it go back to normal when you drive slower? That sounds like the problem other are having, and it is a bad harness or ground...

When this baby hits 75 mph, you're going to see some serious ****.

Sorry :wink:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts