Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, after scanning and ingesting all of the posts, pictures and thoughts about the Ridgeline for months, I finally pulled the trigger, and am now the owner of a beautiful 2007 RTL!

It's because of all of you, that I decided to go the route of the Ridgeline, and after coming down from a 2007 Toyota Tundra, Crew Max Limited with a lift, it's going to be quite the adjustment, but, I really am happy with the vehicle so far!

So, Thank You! Also, let me know what you think about my new rig! Thanks for swinging by and looking and, I'm happy to be here amongst all of you!

Oh, and exactly what do I have to do to EARN the right to rock the ROC sticker?

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the club! Very nice ride I like it a lot. Looks like its on 22s which looks great and what I'm gonna switch up to from my new 20s soon as I can sell them.

Hello, and Thanks for the compliment!

Yeah, the first thing I did, even before I bought the truck, was buy the roof rack, the back seat storage bin and the 22" DaVinci Valore wheels. I have an intake, and greddy performance module ordered, and arriving soon.

I can't ride anything stock, never have been able to, and this Ridge is no different. I really do love the truck, it's great!

·
Registered
3,597 Posts
Hello, and Thanks for the compliment!

Yeah, the first thing I did, even before I bought the truck, was buy the roof rack, the back seat storage bin and the 22" DaVinci Valore wheels. I have an intake, and greddy performance module ordered, and arriving soon.

I can't ride anything stock, never have been able to, and this Ridge is no different. I really do love the truck, it's great!
Looks great so far good work. I'm with you on not leaving a vehicle stock just look in my signature at the mods and click the link to see how many times I have changed the look for the truck lol. I'm in the process of putting a magnaflow cat back on, 22" wheels painted body color with a chrome lip, lowering kit (2" drop), and wrapping my cloth interior in leather. I just finished my new system a week or 2 ago and need to wrap the box also.

Keep up the good work! :cool:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks great so far good work. I'm with you on not leaving a vehicle stock just look in my signature at the mods and click the link to see how many times I have changed the look for the truck lol. I'm in the process of putting a magnaflow cat back on, 22" wheels painted body color with a chrome lip, lowering kit (2" drop), and wrapping my cloth interior in leather. I just finished my new system a week or 2 ago and need to wrap the box also.

Keep up the good work! :cool:

Truth be told, I reviewed your thread probably 15 times before I made my decision, and I can honestly say, your Ridge' is one of the sickest Ridgeline's I've ever seen. Personally, I don't like Burgundy too much, but, you're truck is the exception.

I have my system going in on the 16th (hopefully), all Focal mids, tweets and subs, powered by McIntosh! Nothing major, just enough to feel the music a little bit. Being that I'm a rock/metal guy, I need some lows to balance out the ear piercing high's!

·
Registered
3,597 Posts
Truth be told, I reviewed your thread probably 15 times before I made my decision, and I can honestly say, your Ridge' is one of the sickest Ridgeline's I've ever seen. Personally, I don't like Burgundy too much, but, you're truck is the exception.

I have my system going in on the 16th (hopefully), all Focal mids, tweets and subs, powered by McIntosh! Nothing major, just enough to feel the music a little bit. Being that I'm a rock/metal guy, I need some lows to balance out the ear piercing high's!
Thanks for the compliment. To be honest I didn't care for the color or the model when I bought it, but got such a good deal that I couldn't turn it down. I really wanted a nimbus gray rtl non navi with dark gray leather interior and a sunroof, but that was out of my price range at the moment. I wasn't really ready to buy one again (had an 06 rts previously) since I was saving up for the rtl, but got my 07 rtx last year with 7,100 miles for almost 10,000 less than what a comparable rtl was going for. The color and model has grown on me over the past year so I like it pretty good now.

Good luck with the system install and be sure to post some pics!

·
Registered
416 Posts
That's one kept cleaned Ridge.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Sweet truck with real nice wheels! Congrats!

As for the right to a ROC sticker, I think you earn it by sliding a few $$$ to the folks that produce 'em.

- Chip

Oh, and exactly what do I have to do to EARN the right to rock the ROC sticker?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sweet truck with real nice wheels! Congrats!

As for the right to a ROC sticker, I think you earn it by sliding a few $$$ to the folks that produce 'em.

- Chip
I can do that, and I will! Thanks for the positive feedback on my Ridge! I've noticed that with the 22" wheels, not only do I get a lot of looks, but, it seems as though the truck handles better than with stock!

·
Registered
721 Posts
Nice looking! Welcome to the ROC! :act035:

·
Registered
151 Posts
I've noticed that with the 22" wheels, not only do I get a lot of looks, but, it seems as though the truck handles better than with stock!
I concur. When my wife and I took our first test drive in a Ridgeline back in July '07 the salesman put us in an '07 RTL with 23" wheels. When we test drove our truck a week later prior to purchasing it, we both noticed the ride was smoother in the truck with the 23" wheels; not a drastic difference, but noticeable. I asked the salesman if they had made any modifications to the other truck, and he told us they had only changed the tires and wheels. He also said the dealer had sold a few sets of wheels because other customers had also noticed the difference in the ride. BTW, we'd been friends with this particular salesman for almost two decades before he worked for Honda, so we had no reason not to believe him.

Our '07 RTL still has the stock tires and wheels for two reasons. First, I haven't found any wheels I like better than the stock wheels...yet. Second, and more importantly, I'm more of an old-school 60s-70s muscle car guy and, with few exceptions, I hate the oversized wheels/low profile tires look. No offense intended towards those who like the look; I realize I'm in the minority these days.

BTW, welcome, and congratulations on your new Ridgeline! (Well, it's new to you, isn't it?) If you enjoy yours even half as much as I enjoy mine, you'll be a happy man for years to come!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
YOOO, your RTL is SICK!!! I love it! It's mad clean too. Previous owner did a good job?
Yeah, previous owner was a good guy and really took care of it well, meticulously maintainedwell cared for. Funny thing here is that just today, I had someone offer me almost $4500 more than what I paid for it.

It's not even for sale, but this kid really liked it and was wanting to buy it. Spoke with him at length today, and also his bank, all is legit.

So, I'm contemplating doing it, and then buying a Nimbus Gray one from a local dealer....decisions, decisions!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts