Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here is what I want to offer for a Amazon Green or Blue RTL base (no nav, no MR):

27,250 no options...no paint or fabric "enhancements"
plus:

$90.00 (150 retail installed, ~45.00 online) mud flaps
400.00 (900 retail installed, ~300 online) fog lights
600.00 (1200 retail installed, ~400 online) Backup sensor

plus TTL

I plan on buying 10/24

Opinions?

·
Registered
626 Posts
Is this for an RTL without the moonroof, without the Navi?

Check H and A (a link to their website can be found all over the ROC site, plus they are an advertiser on this site I believe) to see if the mud flaps are cheaper through them -- I hear they're easy to install, too.

I don't know about everyone else, but I can't remember the invoice price and MSRP for each trimline off the top of my head, so if you have that info, it would be good to post it too. A good offer is all relative, you know. :)

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I've been seeing folks getting them for "invoice". You can find out the invoice price at the edmunds site.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
For the installs, I found it beneficial to shop around between dealerships. I have found a big difference (i.e., had the tow package installed by a different Honda dealership for $400 less than the one I bought my RL from....).

I just had the back-up sensors installed yesterday for $811 (total w/tax, $775 listed by dealership installed....). Again, cheaper than the dealership I originally bought from....

Do the mud flaps yourself..... took me 20 minutes and it's really easy, not worth paying them to do it.... bought mine at www.handa-accessories.com

Good Luck!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Tex's Ridge said:
I've been seeing folks getting them for "invoice". You can find out the invoice price at the edmunds site.
This seems to be typical right now. I bought my RT 1 1/2 weeks ago for $686 under invoice. There seems to be a $1000 incentive to dealers.

·
Registered
207 Posts
YEAH, I have the same purchase-date problem as everyone else on here (10-01-05). But I paid $1,100 under invoice...whatever "THAT" is.

Cheers,
George

Install the mudguards yourself. But have the "bigger" stuff done by someone, that way when something goes wrong, it is not YOUR fault, but theirs. For example...my brand new Access Cover over the bed....no way was I gonna do that, plus I have a job, so 3-4 hours is really too long for me to NOT be working.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Guys (and gals)..

Remember that regional factors should be considered here too. A good price in a relatively small town may not be a great deal someplace else... All kinds of things factor in. The main thing is to do your homework!.. :)

·
Registered
346 Posts
Its difficult to compare pricing on a new vehicle like the Ridgeline. Supply, competition, dealer/seller need and motivation all go into the deal of the moment. Add in negotiating skills and it I think you'll find quite a wide variation. In general, the later in the model year you puchase the better the price.

Don't limit your sources. Your local dealer will be glad to service any vehicle they can. If you are in a small market find some options in the two nearest large markets. Try the internet. It worked for me to the tune of 1500.00 below my local guys.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Shoppin' 4 A Ridgeline - Help Me, help me!

I'm a current owner of a Honda Element which I plan to keep but my wife wants to get rid of her Lexus GS400 '98 for the Ridgeline. I've talked to the dealerhship here in Indy who will deal me a Ridgeline for $200 over invoice which they guoted me as RTS-$27,576 and the RTL-$28,426. I haven't brought in my trade allowance and the 10% discount for being a previous customer. Is this a good deal, should we take the plunge? I haven't driven the truck yet but she likes the looks of it she loves Honda's! Just don't know if I want to give up a paid for car and take on another payment. Going by the NADA Blue Book the average trade in allowance is $16,825 with retail at $19,650. If I can get at least $11 or $12 for my car versus the $7K to $9K the dealerships online service has for the Black Book trade in value, I can work with this and be in one, or should I say my wife be in it by the next week or so. Need some opinions on the deal and is this a good truck. As stated, I love my Element! Help Me!

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Chozn4service

You've got to Take The Plunge!!!! I bought mine in March and paid Msrp, but got Blue Book. I Like This Truck...:d (his Name Is Silver Bullet)

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
chozn4service, you will likely always be disappointed in trade in value on a car. Especially if you are trading one brand in for another brand, they seem to always hit you then. But definitely go down and take a drive, then tell them you want $1k above the number you mentioned for trade and start to find a way to come together. They are going to lowball you initially no matter what. You definitely need to be willing to negotiate if you want to bring the price in. Of course I say this but I didn't try to work price much, I am horrible, I wanted my new toy and I folded like a cheap deck of cards.

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
This may be a little late, since the last item posted on this thread was 10/24 and it is now 11/20..... but....Chosen4service...... unless you are just dying to buy a Ridgeline RIGHT NOW.... my advice would be to look around...go to a couple dealers, see what they are willing to do for you and, if it ain't enough, move on.

Here's what happened to me.... I was looking to trade in my '04 Pacifica and the local Honda dealer was low-balling me big time. The line they kept giving me is, "Nobody really wants your car.....this is the best we can do". Well, I told them I would sleep on it and, on a whim, I went and looked at their used car website. They had a Pacifica, same year as mine, with 2000 more miles on it than mine, it had the leather interior, where mine did not, but they had that Pacifica listed for $7000 more than what they offered me on my trade in.

I went back the next day and said to my salesperson, "So....nobody wants my vehicle, huh? Well, I'll tell you what, you must not want to sell them if you are asking $7000 more on a Pacifica on your lot, than what you offer me on mine.....that is basically the same as my vehicle". The sales person was kinda set back a bit by my comment and said, "What do you mean"? I explained to her, if nobody wanted my vehicle.....well, then they would never sell the one on their lot for how much they are asking for it...especially if it was $7000 more than what they had offered me for mine....on basically the same vehicle.

She started going on about how much it costs them to get a vehicle ready to sell, yada, yada, yada. I said, "So, you are telling me it take $7000 to get a car ready to sell....Bullsh!t. I tell you what, I was willing to settle for $500 less than I was asking for my trade-in. As of now, give me what I want, or I will take my business elsewhere". After some tap dancing, 3 or 4 counter offers.... They ended up giving me exactly what I wanted for my trade.

It basically works out to.....if you are dying to get a vehicle, and they know it..... you might as well bend over and grab your ankles as soon as you walk into the dealership....because they are gonna give it to you! If you walk in with some knowledge and some intestinal forititude, you can get a good deal.

Oh, and if you are looking for a good deal....check out Grandhonda.com. The place is outside of Chicago and they are selling RTL's with nav for $29900. They have a used silver RTL, with nav, with 12K miles on it for $27,500. If I would have seen that a couple weeks ago, I probably would have driven down and bought that one......

·
Registered
4 Posts
twbradford said:
Here is what I want to offer for a Amazon Green or Blue RTL base (no nav, no MR):

27,250 no options...no paint or fabric "enhancements"
plus:

$90.00 (150 retail installed, ~45.00 online) mud flaps
400.00 (900 retail installed, ~300 online) fog lights
600.00 (1200 retail installed, ~400 online) Backup sensor

plus TTL

I plan on buying 10/24

Opinions?
Hey TWB: With printed copies of internet price quotes from other dealers I took to dealership nearest me, I just bought a new black RTL w/moonroof several weeks ago here in Philadelphia area for $28,775 plus TTL. Dealer invoice was $29, 461 + $550 destination charge, for dealer cost of $30, 011. So, I figured I got my RL for about $1236 below dealer cost.

I did my homework on the RL from info on this ROC site and other internet sites and used the $1000 dealer sales incentive from Honda to broker my deal. When it was said and done, I figure that in addition to getting all of the $1000 dealer incentive, I also shaved an additional $236 off of the dealer's $979 dealer holdback. I also negotiated the deal on the last day of October, to get the additional dealer incentive to move the RL off their inventory.

The only option I had the dealer install was the towing package because I wanted that covered under warranty. They charged me $899, and come to find out I discovered (after I bought the RL) that another local dealership would have installed the towing package for $627.50. Guess they got back their $236 in the transaction. So, as noted in other responses to your thread it pays to shop around for accessories and installation.

I did go to H and A Accessories and purchased the rear mudflaps, trunk carpet, and custom grill and installed all myself. I'd recommend H And A after my good experience with them.

Good luck on your purchase. It's my first Honda and I couldn't be happier with my purchase.

Coastie.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts