Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was the best pic I could take with my phablet. The phone is just too big to manuver well. It doesn't look too bad to me. I can't get to the other side but will keep trying. The condition of the radiator itself looks pretty new. How can I tell if it's oem?

The battery looks new as well. It's oem and has a 1/16 sticker on it.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
94 Posts
No they don't look that bad, but you need to see the washer. Here are pictures of mine and I didn't think it looked too bad until I turned the fittings off and there was only about a half a turn holding one of them in. This was last fall on my 2008 with about 76k on it then.

Your radiator looks OEM, but I don't know how to tell if it's original or not.

I didn't have any cross contamination yet (verified with a Oil Analysis Test) and was happy I changed the radiator when I did.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks I'll get a better look asap.

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,262 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
22,577 Posts

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Flyboy, here's a gadget you may wish to add to your toolbag that might help taking pics of difficult to reach places.

http://smile.amazon.com/BlueFire-Android-Endoscope-Phones-Function/dp/B013HZCYXK?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00

I have one and it works great on my old Galaxy S4.

Rather than use the software that comes with it, snag CameraFi from the Google Play store.

Brilliant minds think alike. I was going to order one of those the other day and got sidetracked. thanks for the heads up on the software.

This is what's on the top of my radiator. I took some pics of the connections with my new USB camera but they weren't too good. I'll try again.

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Brilliant minds think alike. I was going to order one of those the other day and got sidetracked. thanks for the heads up on the software.

This is what's on the top of my radiator. I took some pics of the connections with my new USB camera but they weren't too good. I'll try again.
Here are some images of my connections

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,262 Posts
Unsure what is up with the blank spot on the top of your radiator.

But those connections look suspect to me. I'm hoping your going to replace that radiator sooner rather than later.

YMMV

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
After looking at a lot of online sites and prices, most with delivery dates a week or more away I finally sourced this locally through Autozone.

They sell Spectra Premium which is ok.

Radiator, upper and lower hoses, new cap tax etc $204.

I'll pick up the fluid from a Honda dealer.

I'm working from home now so I can take my time. Hope to have it done by Saturday. I might get 2 more jack stands and just do all the fluids, tire rotation, brake inspection etc. while I'm at it.

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok All the parts are assembled now. Only question I have now is does it matter what kind of foam for the foam strips? I can try to reuse what I have by removing and retapping. But would something else work? I hadn't found anything that wide (haven't been to the honda dealer about it) just wondered if a window weather stripping foam would suffice.

First "large" repair I've done in a long long time. better check my stock of advil.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts