Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
TexfromKansas,
I feel your pain.
Only a matter of time before my week old RL Nav has it's first ding.

"The first cut is the deepest."

·
Registered
205 Posts
OWwwww! Looks like the sideguards MIGHT have saved her, had they been there, what do you think?

TexFromKansas said:
This is what happened when my wife got too close to the car wash. :(

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
I think the side guards would have minimized the damage.

They are expensive but probably less expensive than repair work for a scratch like that.

Sorry that had to happen. :(

·
Registered
264 Posts
I feel your pain , buddy. The adjuster was here on Fri. New rear bumper coming.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I can really empathize with you :( . First ding after two weeks slamming on the brakes from 80 to 25 mph before impact. Very impressed with how it handled. Second and third dings came on my first big trip to San Diego.
Now it looks like a real truck. Plus now I do not have to worry about babying her any more. ;)

·
Registered
59 Posts
slick said:
Dealer said that the sideguards were UNECESSARY with a running board??
s

That would depends on the vehicle and shape of the door that hits you.

If anyone needs side guards its me. I work for Kroger....40+ hours a week parked in shopping cart Hell. :eek:

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
OH My and a red one to boot. I had to go out and make sure mine is okay after seeing this. I definitely feel your pain. This makes me consider the side protectors for mine some more.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have literally had my RL for one week and on the 3rd day a small rock hit my windshield during my commute....on quick inspection..nothing. Phew!! On day 5, on a night drive with the family, a truck kicked up a rock and again I heard it hit the winshield. Becauase it was night time I couldn't really see anything...but the next morning revealed a perfect 1 inch "starburst" directly behind the rearview mirror. I thought...that sucks...but oh well. I could live with that. Well..on day 7 during a 90 degree day (in california) the windshield split to an "L" shapped crack in total about 9 inches or so (straight to the top of the winshield and to the right to meet with the rearview mount).

I guess now I'll deal with the insurance. I feel your pain. I've also started experiencing the scractched truck bed

·
Registered
67 Posts
i have a red one, I feel your pain... I put on the side gaurd on mines but I dont think it would of matter with that one.... so sorry.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Oh dear! :( Your wife must have felt so bad! I hope you have forgiven her... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
176 Posts
Sorry to hear about the first scratches. Maybe hand washes from now on? I'm sure she feels terrible, and worse since you have now shared w/ a bunch of your internet friends.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts