Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, not exactly Dixie, and not exactly 'whistling', but more like a hummmm with air going between your pressed lips. I have a 2014 RL and whenever I go down the road and there is a crosswind, along comes this humming sound. Again, it seems only to appear when there is a crosswind. Anywhere from 30 to 80 mph if the crosswind hits it just right. It really starts to get annoying after 3 hours, let alone 3 minutes, on the I-80 corridor. I checked with the local Honda service department and they have never heard of such a thing. Our last 2008 RL never had the problem. I tried moving the wiper blades, folding back the mirrors, even filling the the windshield gutters temporarily with rolled paper towels. No luck.

Any suggestions or experience with such? I can only turn the radio up so loud and headphones are against the law here in Nevada.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Long history of whistlers here at the ROC. Had one myself. You can wade through the myriad of threads past .... Start taping and un- taping seams and moldings ... Ahh the joys ...

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Tires make humming noises, but not to the tune of Dixie.

·
Administrator
17,178 Posts
My 2010 had a whistle or howl presumably from the top, rear trim as many others have experienced. It seemed worse during the warmer months and with a crosswind. I think it started when it was less than a year old. My 2007 didn't do it and neither does my 2014.

·
Premium Member
2104 Honda Ridgeline SE
1,809 Posts
Do you have a Roof Rack? Have you had the Windshield replaced? Windshield wind noise is common after replacement.
codda's idea of using painters tape on different locations until you find the culprit is your best bet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts