Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My names Mike, I'm 19 and live in Flagstaff, Arizona. I bought my Ridgeline RTS in July and I have been in love ever since. I usually get her something every month. So far I have installed a 4 piece billet grill, a sunroof, AEM brute force intake, Kicker Amp pumping 250rms watts to a 8in Kicker comp sub thats fitted in a custom down firing and ported box(the box costs more than the system). It might be an 8in but has the bass of a 12in(not kidding). I have Focals in all the doors. This set up sounds great. The stock sub is not enough. Don't get me wrong it was fine when I was unaware of how bad it sounds. Thanks again Car Tunes Plus!!!.
I would eventually like to get some 22in rims, black ones. I 'll probably wait til next summer. We get snow where I live. I also want to install a Retrax bed cover, supercharger when it comes out, a DVD monitor for the empty mp3 player slot and a couple TV's in the rear headrest, and maybe an xbox 360. If anyone can help me on finding some good prices on any of this stuff or have any opinion on what 22in black rims look the best let me know. Also let me know what u think.

How do I post a pic that is too big? Is there anyway to change the file size by lowering resolution?

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
mentallyabused said:
How do I post a pic that is too big? Is there anyway to change the file size by lowering resolution?
Hi Mike. Welcome to the ROC. Sounds like you've done a lot of work on your RL and a lot more to go. I won't ask how a 19 year old affords all that stuff. :eek:

Anyway, you can use your photo editor to resize to 640x480 (must be smaller than 640x640). Or, you can upload the pics to a website, like photobucket, and link to the pics there.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Hey Mike: Congratulations, It sounds like you have one BADDDDDDD and great looking Ridgeline. I am very impressed with all the goodies you put on.
When I was your age, I did the same thing............but way back then, it was Fender Skirts, mirrors, pipes, and star fire spinners with lights in the fender well to light at night.

I dont know if this is your first vehicle, but enjoy the fire out of it. Fix it like you want and keep the Shinny Side UP.:D :D :D

Attachments

·
Registered
954 Posts
I have to ask you Mike...How can you afford a new Ridge and all the aftermarket bling bling ? When I was 19 I had a $900. Chevy Vega.:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
Wow mentallyabused, Sounds like you've got a great start on your upgrades! Can you post a few photos for the rest of us po-fokes. Thanks. :p

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here's a few pics guys. An to all of u that were asking where I got the money, as Dave Chappelle would say, "I'm rich [email protected]#!$"-jk. My Grandmother accutally bought it for me. You have to understand, my last car was a beat up Ford Aspire w/64hp. My Grandmother didn't see fit that the father of her great-grandkids had to drive a piece of crap, and I couldn't pick up a chick in it for the life of me. So for my Ridge has helped me bag 3 chicks. No keepers though.-jk!!.... ...or am I.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Nice pic Ridge Mentallyabused. I also put focals in mine with a 4ch Alpine amp....what an improvement.

By the way, I had a 74 Vega as well. Used more oil than gas...Aluminum is great for beer cans not motors.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Verrrry Nice ride Mike.....but my 1971 Vega GT in sunflower yellow 110Hp rules...ha I really envy guys who customize their rides......watching all you guides really makes me want to spend more:D money on my Ridge.:D

·
Registered
954 Posts
Verrrry Nice ride Mike.....but my 1971 Vega GT in sunflower yellow 110Hp rules...ha You guys are right about vegas using more oil than gas ... what a lemon.....I really envy guys who customize their rides......watching all you guides really makes me want to spend more:D money on my Ridge.:D

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Aluminum is great for beer cans not motors.
What do you think the RL motor is made of?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i'll get back with u on that tomorrow

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
the box is 2 and a half feet long, 10 inches wide and 10 inches high. with a 8 inch down firing sub placed 1 inch from one end of the box. at the other end is a 4 inch long by 2 and a half inch wide port tube. the key to making a small woofer sound big is make as big of a box as possiable so that the waves can spread out and preffably you want to try and squezze them out of one spot. on my box it would be the port.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
For a vented box, maybe, but you can achieve the same results with a smaller, sealed box. It may cost a few dB's of maximum volume.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
1 - 17 of 17 Posts