Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems a popular question, how do you put a canoe on the Ridgeline. Well this is how I put a canoe on mine.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My wife said I missed an important picture, a side view of the canoe on the truck. We hadn't strapped it down at this point but it should show why there is a yellow strap going from front to back.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
That's one heck of a rig. I wonder if the Hitch-Hand would be an option for you. It would keep the straps off of the paint.

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
Nice pics. Thanks for posting. Now does anyone know if there is a canoe accessory for the Ridgeline from Honda?

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Kayak, yes - canoe, no.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
shovelhd said:
That's one heck of a rig. I wonder if the Hitch-Hand would be an option for you. It would keep the straps off of the paint.
Probably not, the Canoe is 16' long, with the bed being only 5 feet long this means that a full 11' would have to hang out the back. This is a lot of canoe hanging out into no man's land. I would be very nervous with that much hanging out the rear of the vehicle. Trailers are very different since they turn a little independent of the vehicle so you don't suddenly swipe out 11' right behind you.

As to the straps, there are only 2 straps on the paint now. The front tie down (bow/stearn tie down in front goes over hood). The other strap is the one made for the goalpost itself. This could technically be taken to the inside of the bed and probably be just as secure, this would leave me with only the one in the front. I am also considering what I can do with this, looking like the full nose mask may be the best alternative but I am also looking at the 3M like product for a clear bra on the front, then maybe put a leather strap under the rope itself should be enough. Obviously the Nose Mask is the cheaper solution so it may happen first, the clear bra solutions are all several hundred dollars to have them done right by someone else.

·
Registered
51 Posts
i was thinking of getting a canoe also and i was thinking of getting just foam pipe insulators to slide over the rope that would be rubbing on the paint. this should be really cheap.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I plan to buy Thule roof rack clamps to attach my Thule long bars that are 58". My Thule box and canoe should fit side by side like they do on my Chevy S-10 Blazer. And no, I don't work for Thule. :D

Thanks for postings pics of your Ridge and canoe

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Did you buy the red canoe to match the truck or the red truck to match the canoe?

L

·
0 Posts
steveberger said:
Did you buy the red canoe to match the truck or the red truck to match the canoe?
OMG...that's the same thing I was going to ask him as soon as I saw the picture. :eek:

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
steveberger said:
I thought the same thing myself when I saw the canoe on the truck. The canoe is 3 years old, but hasn't been out of the back yard for over a year (and boy was it a mess to clean). It does work out rather well though, a nice red canoe on a nice red truck.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Must be like driving a Ridge with a baseball cap on it .. ok maybe cowboy hat is more like it.

Old garden hose makes good paint protector when rope is laying on the paint - just cut a piece off and slice it all the way down and push the rope inside where its touching the paint. :cool:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts