Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

Yes I'm new here. I have been watching the forum ever since I purchased my RTL mid December and I have gained more information and tips every time I check in. Great pointers here guys . Thanks!

My first Honda was 1980 manual 4 speed Accord. I have owned many different vehicles over the years including my last a 2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Duramx. Loved that truck for 12 years. It was a matter of miles and injectors or look for something not as large and an easier to park. My choice was the Ridgeline hands down! I must say it was a great choice.

The only concern I have now after driving it for several months is the outside road and wind noise when driving especially at or above freeway speeds. The sounds seem to be coming from both driver and passenger windows. I checked gaskets and weatherstripping all around. What I found was some dimpling on all of the gaskets on the bottom vehicle side. No tears or breaks. I took it to the dealer and had the service manager ride along. After the ride and inspection he said that the noise was normal. That all Honda's have more road noise now due to cutting back on body insulation in favor of increasing gas mileage. He would gladly replace all of the door gaskets if I wanted to. He also explained that the dimpling of the gaskets was pretty normal and that the new gaskets would be dimpled as well. He assured me the gaskets and weatherstripping were sealing.

My thought now is that the wind noise is coming where the air passes between the side mirror housings and the window causing turbulence and noise. All of this is with all of the windows up.

Other than the road and wind noise I have no complaints or problems to report. It is a joy to drive.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
If the G2 mirrors are like the G1 they have molded in wind deflectors to change sound of wind going around the mirrors.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,262 Posts
Congrats on Your New G2 RL.

Welcome to the ROC.

Good Luck and Enjoy the Ride!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts