Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.rivadragon.com/2006honda/ridgelinebass.htm

People seem to either love or hate Bazooka tubes. Im a pretty big fan. This is a pair of 8" 200watt tubes that could not fit more perfectly under the rear seat.

I have them both turned all the way down and it still drowns the door speakers, so now i need to amplify those more.

Anyway, the install was easy, one 4 gague cable to the battery and using the existing sub cable to drive the bazookas via a line level converter.

The entire solution was under $500. I can give raw details if anyone wants em.

This site had the cheapest bazookas I was able to find... Techronics

·
Registered
82 Posts
"Remember... the 7:30 show is completely different from the 5:30 show!"

sorry i couldnt resist

·
Premium Member
7,332 Posts
RivaDragon said:
http://www.rivadragon.com/2006honda/ridgelinebass.htm

People seem to either love or hate Bazooka tubes. Im a pretty big fan. This is a pair of 8" 200watt tubes that could not fit more perfectly under the rear seat.

I have them both turned all the way down and it still drowns the door speakers, so now i need to amplify those more.

Anyway, the install was easy, one 4 gague cable to the battery and using the existing sub cable to drive the bazookas via a line level converter.

The entire solution was under $500. I can give raw details if anyone wants em.

This site had the cheapest bazookas I was able to find... Techronics
What line level converter did you use?

·
Registered
176 Posts
I went with a 10" diamond audio. Great sound, could use a little more amp though (that will be next)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Does the bottom of the seat which is made of thick plastic affect the sound in any way? It looks like you have some space due to the angle of the driver.

Nice job on the enclosure, btw.

·
Registered
176 Posts
There is a little vibration when it hits low, I actually removed a small plastic cover that seemed to be rattling the most. I had one of my co-workers who has been into car audio for many years do it, so it was pretty cheap. I also lent him my RL for the weekend so I think that also affected the price :)

·
Registered
176 Posts
Nice, but mine does not smell!!!!

·
Registered
176 Posts
too funny :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Csimo, its a generic line level converter, I couldnt even find a brand name on it. $20 at a local car audio shop.

I dont get any noise or vibration from the plastic in my rear seat. In fact, I'm not getting any vibration related noise from the Ridgeline. Pretty sweet.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts