Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,135 Posts
I just want to say martinnyc, that is about as clean & easy as this could possibly get. THANKS

·
Registered
1 Posts
Is this going to work on my 11 RTS? Any problems with reception?

Because I won't be able to sleep until crutchfield delivers my new radio!

Also, anyone with a Bluetooth mic cable routing this slick?

·
Registered
526 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi. New to the forum and this thread alone made me join! A big thanks to Martin and his great step by step guide. I purchased the SiriusXM Onyx Plus today and the install went fairly smooth. Only real hiccup was the pushing of the wire grommet back in the hole. It kinda sorta fit back in. Other than that, everything else was fairly easy.

Only decision I have left is where to install the dock. The vent clips are made for horizontal vents, and of course the driver side vents are vertical. Would buying universal vent clips help here?

I'd rather go this route than stick the thing to the dash honestly.

Also purchased a cheap $8 universal remote at the suggestion of a friend.

Thanks again, and love the site!
-Jared

·
Registered
5 Posts
Easy install! I'm stunned! Thanks Martin for the simple, step-by-step instructions. I posted a question about the antenna route and No2rDame referred me to this thread.

SE TN Ridgeline

·
Registered
1 Posts
HI guys,

I have a 2010 Ridgeline, The day I was driving on the high when an eighteen wheeler dropped multiple slabs of thick ice on my trucks roof. I was ok, but it cause quite a bit of a damage and on the top the truck driver ran way.

Along with other things, the solid ice slabs damage/ broke away my rear third light with the whole housing bumper/spoiler. I dont know and I cant seem to be fnd the name of this part: this part house the third brake light on the back top of the roof. Also, does anyone know where I can find one?

Thank you
my email: [email protected]

·
Registered
22 Posts
I did this install a few months ago. While it was very easy I found my reception is worse than the stock XM antenna. Anyone have any recommendations to improve it? It drops out under tree cover in my neighborhood where my stock system was fine. It's driving me crazy.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Ummm...any of you guys concerned about the wiring route here?? It is pretty much strung across where the side curtain airbags are stored and deploy. The wiring could impede the full deployment of the side curtain airbags in the event of a collision!

Why not from the rear headliner, run the wire down the rear pillar and under the lower door sill covers and then to the front like a regular audio cable install. Keeping all wiring away from the airbags is a good and safe practice!

·
Registered
24 Posts
some have also asked about the wire routing inside... so here goes:

1) get into the truck, and locate the wire that's now hanging down.

2) hide this wire between your headliner and roof.

3) push up on headliner to re-clip it to the roof.
4) using an old credit card, hide the wire behind this piece of plastic.

5) At this point, feed the wire under the rubber gasket

6) Next, you will be feeding the wire under the plastic oncemore.

7) Once you get to the other side, you continue feeding the wire under the rubber gasket.

8) keep going!

9) little further!

10) pop this panel off, and feed your wire behind the glove box here

11) pop panel back on, and follow your radio's instructions from here on out.
I can't figure out why the photos are blurry... I'd like to see this. Please help.

·
Premium Member
2011 VP Bali Blue Pearl
233 Posts
It has something to do with Photobucket. For a while you couldn't display your photos unless you gave them $500.00 (US). Then they relented and now (I guess) you can use the service again. But I've noticed that all of the old photos are blurred like that. Never used Photobucket, never will.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts