Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Each chamber is .6 cubic feet with a 3" port 11" long as per Polk's specifications. Dual 4 ohm subs all wired in parallel to create a 1 ohm load on the Polk Audio 400.1 amp. Tried to color match the trim pieces, but the paint matching machine didn't quite get it right.

Attachments

· Premium Member
1,817 Posts
Looks like you know your way around a table saw and router. I'm guessing the teeny color variance (that doesn't show in the photos) is of little consequence when a kick drum plowing a new part in your hair. :)

Nice fit and finish! Good job Bub!

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you sir. Took my time on this one. Cheap table top saw, still learning with the router, and a good 3 1/8" hole saw. I lost my bit for the router to make the speaker holes, so I used a jigsaw (thank goodness the subs cover that horrible part.

Used 4 layers of Kilz latex primer (which sanded nicely) , then 4 layers of exterior eggshell latex. Learned the hard way that latex paint does NOT sand...won't try that again!

Rolled the paint with a sponge roller and hated the finish at first, but after 4 coats, it's textured like the trim pieces in the truck.

The rest of the stereo is stock. Amp is mounted behind the rear seat. Sounds great to me and hits plenty hard.

· Registered
791 Posts
Nice looking box, I did exactly the same things, except with a single 10 but mounted facing up, used a 2 inch port but I guess I need a bigger one maybe 3 inches, I also rolled the paint on in flat black. Great job.

· Premium Member
2018 RTL-E White/Tan
2,328 Posts
Well done! Quality components and good design and workmanship, bet it sounds great!

· Registered
2007 Nimbus Grey Metallic RTL
10,175 Posts
Very clean work. It's interesting to see the decision to face the subs backwards. It's a good way to ensure their safety from being kicked by an errant foot (front firing) or getting dust and dirt on the cones (up firing). Just for my own knowledge, what are the outside dimensions of your enclosure?

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry, I forgot to add that in my original post.

50 1/2" wide
8 1/2" tall
8 1/2" deep
There is a divider internally that separates each chamber.

I found that facing rearward sounded better to me. I tried up and forward, but didn't sound as well for my listening preference.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.