Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 Honda Ridgeline. I had flat tire a couple of weeks ago. I used Slime to inflate and repair the tire. Now, after driving about 5 miles my TPMS light comes on. It didn't start when I repaired the flat tire with Slime, but just yesterday.

·
Registered
2014 Sport
3,347 Posts
Could well be coincidental. You are basically at the end of the batteries life span in the TPMS sensors. My 06 has just this past month has given me the TPMS light and I will need to install new sensors shortly.

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
22,592 Posts
Never, ever use Slime or equivalent in a TPMS wheel. You will likely need to replace the sensor in that wheel. And having a 2006, you probably need to replace them all. It's about time the batteries died in them.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Like Speed said, never use slime or any type of inflator/sealer in any tire with a tpms. the sealer will clog up the sensor, the sensor will need to be replaced.

·
Premium Member
1,825 Posts
While I agree with the general ban on Slime type products, I wouldn't say to never use them. There could be extreme circumstances where the use is justified, at the expense of the TPMS sensor, to get out of a potentially harmful situation.

·
Super Moderator
22,592 Posts
Ok. Never use Slime type products without knowing that you will have to replace the TPMS sensor in the affected wheel. Then make the decision as to your best option in the circumstances in which you find yourself!

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
never had any personal experience with it, but slime makes a version that they sell as TPMS safe. Just wondering if anyone has any real world experience? I carry a can of fix a flat and full sized spare for my "non-rock crawling" but otherwise off the pavement adventures with the thought that plugging up the sensor might be the least of my worries, but would still be nice if TPMS safe sealers existed

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
never had any personal experience with it, but slime makes a version that they sell as TPMS safe. Just wondering if anyone has any real world experience? I carry a can of fix a flat and full sized spare for my "non-rock crawling" but otherwise off the pavement adventures with the thought that plugging up the sensor might be the least of my worries, but would still be nice if TPMS safe sealers existed
The SLIME that I used had "TPMS Safe" on the label. That's why I bought it.

·
Super Moderator
22,592 Posts
Ouch. So much for truth in advertising. Unless coincidentally, one or more of your TPMS batteries died at the same time.

·
Registered
2014 Sport
3,347 Posts
Bottom line (like I already said) is that you are at the end of the lifespan for your TPMS batteries. You might as well source a new set of sensors and have them installed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts