Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

Registered
I'm guessing a low of $2-3K for a low-quality repair if you have it pulled and filled to a high of $5-6K for a high quality repair if you have it sectioned and repainted. The rear fender and door are relatively easy - it's the section between those two where the labor comes in.
I just had a very similar repair done. Came out to about $4650.
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

Premium Member
I am also betting on $4-5k for a top notch repair with perfect paint. Labor has gone sky high these days and great body shops have a waiting list to get in.

鈥樷橧f insurance is involved, depending on the carrier, they moght demand you take it to their shop, if so, results will usually suffer. Good luck!

Registered
Aside from the body work, it looks like two large panesl and a door are involved, to respray, most shops will want to do whole panels if there isn't some clear demarcation line where the edge of the repair can be mostly hidden - that ain't cheap..

Registered
Trade it in, then you won't have to pay a thing.

Premium Member
2022 WBE in Southern Florida
$5,714.28
@WB77 I normally with agree most things you say, but I have to say I think you are off here. More like $5843.22, unless he is in CA, then it will be more like $9254.67 or first-born child.

Registered
2022 Ridgeline RTL-E, Radiant Red Metallic II, Truxedo Pro X15
Something to consider. If reported to CarFax by the repair place or insurance, it might not show up right away.
I just got a big surprise when I traded my car for my 22 RL.
I bought my CPO car in May 2017. No damage reported on the CarFax then.
A few months later I noticed that the hood, left front fender, and passenger door had been repainted. The front bumper cover too or was completely replaced. I didn't notice when I bought it and, frankly, didn't think I needed to do that much inspection because it was CPO. Big learning opportunity there. I contacted the dealer that sold it to me as well as the original dealer that sold and serviced the car. No record of a repair. There was one bracket at the front corner that holds the fender. It looked exactly the same on both sides of the car. This led me to believe that the damage was minor, like just some scuffs, so not a major collision.
Ok, back to the point.... when discussing my trade (specifically why he couldn't go much higher), the RL dealer mentioned that there was an accident on my CarFax. I told him, "No", because there was nothing there when I bought it and nothing in my 5 years of ownership. Turns out, the CarFax listed damage from an incident that occurred in Jan 2016 as well as a disclaimer that that info was visible on the CarFax until Apr 2018.
My local mechanic was also telling me has customers that maximize their trade by trading in the car shortly after a repair, before it appears on the CarFax.
In this case, you can always present pictures to prove that the damage isn't a major collision. In my case, I was simply told that my car was worth less because it was a BMW with a blemish on the CarFax and higher mileage (although not very high - 82k).

Sorry, not an answer to your question, but my CarFax situation completely shocked me. I had no idea about this major lag in reporting. One more reason why CarFax isn't all that trustworthy of a source.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts