Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was cleaning up the inside of my Ridgeline the other day and I found this part just behind the driver’s seat. It’s has the exterior color so it doesn’t look like an interior part. It looks like a cover piece but I can’t find where it goes. Anyone recognize it?

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Look on top on the steering column, this looks like the cover for the shift lock release. I just left mine off.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, I don't think it's that. All the pieces on the steering column are the same olive color as the interior and nothing is missing that I can see. This piece is the Amazon green color of the body.

Yes, this could be a test but not one I know the answer to. ;)

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
It is most likely a plug for the front license plate bracket. In Florida, one does not need a front license plate. I removed the bracket and used the 2 pieces that I found in the "Not an Ashtray" tray to plug the holes that remained in the bumper once the license plate bracket was removed.

Nice choice on the color, by the way. :D

·
Registered
18 Posts
Never have been good at tests or directions I guess that "it has the exterior color" statement should have been a clue.

I failed

:eek:

·
Registered
275 Posts
Those who said front license plate plug would be the winners. Here in PA we also don't have a front plate. The dealer decided to install the front bracket and mount a plate advertising the dealership on it. Though I got a great deal and wonderful experience at this dealership I didn't want to be a driving bill board for them. I removed the plate and bracket and installed these plugs, which were in my glove box back in the bumper. Here's a link to a good picture of these plugs on the bumper: http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/gallery/pages/2006_Ridgeline_RTL_84.htm

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, I guess that solves the mystery (almost). Now I have to figure out where the other plug is, in case I ever move to FL or PA. :D Thanks.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Or Lousiana.

Or if youre like me and dont give a **** about the FLP laws.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
No front plate required here in Arizona, either (it's optional, upon request, usually done by those with personalized plates).

·
Registered
140 Posts
No front plate in Georgia or Alabama! But I did put a personalized plate on the front of my truck. I had to remove the little pieces. I put them in my glove Box just in case. :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts