Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
As I recall there are two ways to reduce the chance of having your vehicle stolen: 1) Install a hidden switch in the starting system wiring, which that may be and 2) install a switch that turns off the power to the fuel pump. Supposedly the latter is somewhat better because the vehicle may start and travel a short distance but then stall in, for example, an intersection. A thief is unlikely to try to figure out why the car quit with cars whizzing by and the cops likely to show up. Actually I like the method in the James Bond movie where his snazzy car has a sticker stating something like "Theft Proof" and when the thief breaks the window the car blows up (along with him); of course the problem is the collateral damage including one's car.
I like the idea, but if the car stalls due to #2 and that causes an accident the owner will likely be at least partially liable. I don't care about the thief, but others could get hurt, and the owner could get sued even if it's just the thief that gets hurt.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts