Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

· Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a issue with AWD System Problem. Honda told the dealer that connector C601 was suspect and recommended replacing the rear differential harness and the bed harness since they share that connection. So far that has fixed the problem and the bonus is that I got pictures with the bed removed! Enjoy!

Attachments

· Registered
40 Posts
I wish I could check out the bed rails. I want to install a custom rack (like a lumber rack) in the bed and need to know if it is okay to drill into the rails. Looks like there might be some wiring run right under the rail?
probably too late but if possible please look under the rails for me--Thanks :smile:

· Registered
2,017 Posts
Those three rectangular objects on the bed wall behind the cab must be the pressure relieving vents that others were discussing in the thread about the effort needed to close the doors. We weren't sure where they were located on Gen 2. I sure hope they get all the fasteners back in the bed upon reassembly.

· Registered
52 Posts
I just had a display message "All Wheel Drive System Problem" appear today which wont go away. Taking it to the dealer Monday but I wonder if this is the same issue you are having?

If so would you happen to know the trouble codes that showed up? Would like to go to dealer with suggestions since they didnt seem to have any idea what problem might be (even though I hope the solution might end up being easier than taking the bed off).

Thanks in advance and I hope your fix works out!

Bob

· Registered
479 Posts
Where are the exciters for the in-bed audio?? Attached to the bed assembly itself?

EDIT: Had asked if there was a bolt missing, based on the apparent hole in the aluminum housing under the canisters (in between the other bolts). However looking at the second set of pictures posted in the other thread, there appears to be a similar structure on the bottom surface of the differential as well. If they are not bolt holes, are they vents or ???

· Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I just had a display message "All Wheel Drive System Problem" appear today which wont go away. Taking it to the dealer Monday but I wonder if this is the same issue you are having?

If so would you happen to know the trouble codes that showed up? Would like to go to dealer with suggestions since they didnt seem to have any idea what problem might be (even though I hope the solution might end up being easier than taking the bed off).

Thanks in advance and I hope your fix works out!

Bob
Yes, that was my issue. On the first visit, they added a pint of differential oil. I believe he told me that there are two halves to the new (2017) differential and the pressure needs to be balanced. When the problem returned (and me to the dealer) they called Honda who told him that C601 was suspect.

· Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I wish I could check out the bed rails. I want to install a custom rack (like a lumber rack) in the bed and need to know if it is okay to drill into the rails. Looks like there might be some wiring run right under the rail?
probably too late but if possible please look under the rails for me--Thanks :smile:
Sorry, too late.

· Premium Member
2009 Ridgeline RTL (with nav) in Bali Blue Pearl
2,588 Posts
Based on those great pictures, it looks like Honda could have put in a bigger fuel tank vise carrying over the Pilot's. I so wish that Gen2 had a bigger gas tank to help those of us that tow.
:frown:

· Premium Member
608 Posts
Where are the exciters for the in-bed audio?? Attached to the bed assembly itself?

EDIT: Had asked if there was a bolt missing, based on the apparent hole in the aluminum housing under the canisters (in between the other bolts). However looking at the second set of pictures posted in the other thread, there appears to be a similar structure on the bottom surface of the differential as well. If they are not bolt holes, are they vents or ???
If you go back to all of those Honda YouTube reviews from the Texas 'showdown', HondaProJason shows the exciters all attached to the bed panels themselves.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.