Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everone, I just wanted to let you all know that I have created a new username. My previous name was ehaley, indicitave of my first initial, last name. I wanted something better suited to my truck, therefore, I am now WhiteRTLnav.

Not a big deal, but I at least wanted to make a public post to let everyone know.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
WhiteRTLnav said:
Hey everone, I just wanted to let you all know that I have created a new username. My previous name was ehaley, indicitave of my first initial, last name. I wanted something better suited to my truck, therefore, I am now WhiteRTLnav.

Not a big deal, but I at least wanted to make a public post to let everyone know.

Thanks.
Welcome back "ehaley now WhiteRTLnav"... :)

·
ROC Founder, Admin
2,611 Posts
The only problem with what you have done is you have registered twice. Your former user name had over 60 messages on our forum and now you're starting over. So now, people won't really recognize that ehaley and now WhiteRTLnav are the same person. It also throws off our true member count (though minor, I know).

While we generally frown on user name changes, I am able to do this via an admin interface so you can change your user name and keep your previous posts tied to you. In certain circumstances, I do accomodate this request.

Just FYI. It's not like you're in trouble or anything... just stating our best practices and preferred methods for handling this.

Thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
T-Mac, if you want to transfer this username over to my other account, that would be fine.

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
I like your new name and I see your reasoning. We have the recent case with maybearidge. He picked that pre-purchase and now it simply does not fit. BTW, have I missed an announcement of a new name for him?

Coming up with a name when one signs onto a new forum can be such an impulsive action. If I don't put all my names and passwords into my keychain, there is no way I'd ever remember them all.

T-Mac, I also understand and sympathize with your concerns about headcount and identity consistency. I'm glad you remain flexible about this one a case by case basis.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I have about 4 different names I commonly use on forums. This is actually not my first choice in names usually but since this had interfaces for AOL and the like I used this name because it matches one of my AOL names which I tend to use at night (I don't share the one I am at during the day usually for obvious reasons). I generally get to use one of them, if all else fails I usually use my name in some way. I refuse to use numerics with my usernames, guess I am just weird that way.

·
Premium Member
1,554 Posts
Well, I guess I better fess-up too. When I joined the ROC I used one of my e-mail names, [email protected].

Later I couldn't resist and ordered a personalized license plate from DMV which will be - JOZ RIDG - if I ever get it, man they are slow.

I asked Dad and he said " PM me with a Reason" and "It Better be Good"!

In my PM I gave him the reason and also asked if it was possible old posts could be attached to my new name, not having a clue if this could me done.

He PM'd me back in just five minutes with one word - "DONE" - I was amazed how fast it was accomplished. Thanks again T Mac for your consideration and quick response.

Hope I'm not in trouble for telling. :eek:

JOZ RIDG aka joedotcom

1 - 9 of 9 Posts