Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I notice in all the posts that people speak of their ridge almost as if it is a person. The only one I've seen that has a name for their ridge is ladyridge.

I will think of a name for mine but must give it plenty of thought. Had it for three days and still getting to know it. Once I get a good feel for my ridge's personality I will no longer refer to it as "it". But will assign an appropriate name.

ridges are people too!

Nighthawk Black RTL S/R

USAF Retired

·
Registered
579 Posts
To me, any good Ridgeline name MUST start with an R.

For example, Ruby Ridgeline, Roxy Ridgeline, Randy, Rodger, Roddy, Rodney, Ralph, Roscoe, Rex, Rebecca, Rox, Rocko, Ricky, etc.

But then I've always been for alliteration, evef if I can't spell it.

BTW, I'm reserving Ruby for my soon to be owned Red Ridge. In fact, Red is a pretty good name too.

My sister used to have a Dark Brown MustangII Carmen Ghia with that cute landau roof in buckskin. She called her Carmen. I thought that was cute.

I just woke up. So I'm stuck on the word cute. I apologize.

·
Premium Member
2,879 Posts
You did not realize that my Ridge does have a name. It's the short version of my screen name,( 2BUKU, The Ridgeline Raider), it is also my personalized license plate number! ;)

·
Registered
22 Posts
I really like my Ridge but I dont think I'll name it. My buddies would surely bust my ass about that!

L

·
0 Posts
jrebot said:
I really like my Ridge but I dont think I'll name it. My buddies would surely bust my ass about that!
It's alright jr. We will allow you to keep your dignity. :D

·
Registered
876 Posts
I call mine the UglyTruckling -- it's a term of endearment, of course. (Several family members quizzed me when I first bought it -- is it a truck? is it an SUV? is it a car? what do you call it?)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Godskid said:
I notice in all the posts that people speak of their ridge almost as if it is a person. The only one I've seen that has a name for their ridge is ladyridge.

I will think of a name for mine but must give it plenty of thought. Had it for three days and still getting to know it. Once I get a good feel for my ridge's personality I will no longer refer to it as "it". But will assign an appropriate name.

I have never quite understood the concept of naming a car/truck, but to each their own :) My honda element was named "the toaster" by my friends children, and that did stick......... :D

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Boston. My daughter's choice. It stuck.

·
Registered
49 Posts
My Ridgeline's nickname is "Henry". My mother-in-law (who only decided to get her driver's license at the young age of 70 :eek: ) started it when she bought her CRV and called it "Charlie". Of course we had to name our vehicles..."Fred" for the F-150 and "Bob" for our little Toy Echo.

It's fun to talk about our vehicles using there nicknames when in public. I'm sure we've had some strange looks. :rolleyes:

L

·
0 Posts
HenryHonda said:
My Ridgeline's nickname is "Henry". My mother-in-law (who only decided to get her driver's license at the young age of 70 :eek: ) started it when she bought her CRV and called it "Charlie". Of course we had to name our vehicles..."Fred" for the F-150 and "Bob" for our little Toy Echo.

It's fun to talk about our vehicles using there nicknames when in public. I'm sure we've had some strange looks. :rolleyes:
I find naming my vehicle which provides safe passage for me and my family from point A to point B gives it a personal touch and allows me to be more caring and sensitive to her needs.
I got my first car in 1977 ( after testing and parallel parking in the dead of winter in Moms Maxi van for 1 year) and it was a 1977 AMC Gremlin. "HE" was white with a black stripe down the side and blue interior. Of course the interior was decked out with blue fur and panelling in the back. I did this myself and everyone thought I was nuts. Made me love it even more. :D Anyway, I name him Bobby McGee since it was one of my favorite songs at the time. Every car since has had a name and all my cars have had longevity with me or after.

·
Registered
579 Posts
A brand new '77 Gremlin! Were those prior to the bubble gremlins? I thought the later gremlins were reasonably fun looking. I think maybe they were ahead of their time. Dodge is taking chances like that now and it's paying off despite their crappy cars and trucks. I sat in a Dakota. It just has a SUPER cheap feel across the board.

·
Registered
290 Posts
My Wife & daughter named our Ridgeline "Louie :eek:uie", after a friends English Bull Dog. Its the low broad stance, with a face only its owner :) could love.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
ladyridge said:
I got my first car in 1977 ( after testing and parallel parking in the dead of winter in Moms Maxi van for 1 year) and it was a 1977 AMC Gremlin. "HE" was white with a black stripe down the side and blue interior. Of course the interior was decked out with blue fur and panelling in the back. I did this myself and everyone thought I was nuts. Made me love it even more. :D Anyway, I name him Bobby McGee since it was one of my favorite songs at the time.
Blue fur and paneling??? I'm dyin'!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!! :)

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Hey, if I showed you pictures of what I looked like back then, with the earring and the ponytail, you'd be dyin' :)

God bless the seventies...

L

·
0 Posts
shovelhd said:
Hey, if I showed you pictures of what I looked like back then, with the earring and the ponytail, you'd be dyin' :)

God bless the seventies...
I remember lookin' pretty hot in my hip huggers with elephant bell bottoms and a piece of material stitched into the outer seam, halter top and shag haircut. :rolleyes:
I'm sure I looked as gastly as you did. :eek:
TOO FUNNY! rotflmao

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Elephant bells!!! Stop it!!! Stop it!!! I can't breathe!!!! :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Shoulder length hair, parted down the middle...super-wide-leg jeans...3-inch platform shoes...

And I wasn't even one of the "cool" kids in high school :cool: . Math grades too high I guess :rolleyes: .

I think all photographic records were destroyed. :D

·
Registered
626 Posts
UglyTruckling said:
I call mine the UglyTruckling -- it's a term of endearment, of course. (Several family members quizzed me when I first bought it -- is it a truck? is it an SUV? is it a car? what do you call it?)
Ugly Truckling is an excellent name. I call the Ridgeline in general a "cruck" -- or some people say "car-ruck" (two syllables instead of one). It's clearer than calling it a tar, anyway... or an SUT, which doesn't roll off the tongue.

I like Toaster for the Element -- that's a good name. :) Wish I could think of something clever for mine!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts