Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife, the lovely LaDonna has suggested a meet and greet at some central location that would be more than a one day event. Something that would be for all the members of this amazing club.
Is it possible to put something like this together??
Now this could be a real vacation to remember. Unless all of you really want to go and visit relatives again.
Speak up!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Forever22 said:
I'd be interested....think Vegas! ;)
While Las Vegas would be a big draw for many people it isn't exactly the "middle of the country" . Not that I'm complaining, it would be an easy trip for me. Just don't make it the middle of the summer. Las Vegas is very similar to Bagdhad in July and August (with much better entertainment, however).

·
Registered
578 Posts
Definately acn be done. But it will require lots of work from a few folks.
The S2000 community has S2K days for example.

I would suggest say Colorado somewhere. Good place to o some light off roading, nice environment, mostly middle of the country.

It can be an annual event with rotation of different locations.

The key is though to give everyone plenty of warning that it's comming up.

And I BET you anything, that we can get Honda to help out. I mean after all, they want to push the truck, and we are willing to help by holding a national meet.

I'd be willing to help out.

·
Premium Member
2,879 Posts
Forever22 said:
I'd be interested....think Vegas! ;)
JUST NOT IN THE SUMMERTIME! ;)

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I guess I was hoping for a state more central , like Kansas, Nebraska, Iowa, Missouri, or even Oklahoma.
But, lets keep the dialogue going.
Obviously, we will need a B-I-G place.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Count us in!
FYI:
The geographic center of the contiguous 48 states is about four miles west of Lebanon, Kansas, at 98°35' West 39°50' North.

The geographic center of North America (do we have any Canucks here?) is 97 miles NE of Bismarck, 15 miles SW of Rugby, North Dakota. There's a monument there if you're interested in photo ops ;)

Ooops.... is my geek showing?

·
Registered
275 Posts
How about the center of the universe?! Of course that would be the thriving metropolis of Pottsville PA!! The home of Yuengling beer, America's oldest brewery. We could tour the brewery then head to the sample area to taste the wares!! Afterwards, we could set up a Ridgeline hill-climb through the streets of Pottsville! It would be great to finish the day with a tailgate party in the local Toyota dealer's parking lot. Huh, huh, huh?! :D

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Considering that this is still a very new and comparatively small club that is spread out across primarily the US and Canada, we would get better total attendance by dividing the meet into perhaps four different locations. After a year or two of split meetings we could then arrange a national meet when we have more members. T Mac and the Element Owners Club could give us some good advice. We could also do a poll, similar to the 'Where are you?" thread, to help pick locations where the most members are located. I like the idea of a national meet but I think that it may be just a bit early to draw the kind of attendance that would get Honda really interested.

Pottsville works for me! Yuengling is a very good beer. I'm not so sure that having a thousand or so ROC Heads pushing the limits of their VSA on the streets of Pottsville after getting all liquered up at the Yuengling brewery would be sending the right message to our kids and grandkids. Sounds like a good tome though... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
964 Posts
Ultra-HOG said:
Considering that this is still a very new and comparatively small club that is spread out across primarily the US and Canada, we would get better total attendance by dividing the meet into perhaps four different locations. After a year or two of split meetings we could then arrange a national meet when we have more members. T Mac and the Element Owners Club could give us some good advice. We could also do a poll, similar to the 'Where are you?" thread, to help pick locations where the most members are located. I like the idea of a national meet but I think that it may be just a bit early to draw the kind of attendance that would get Honda really interested.

Pottsville works for me! Yuengling is a very good beer. I'm not so sure that having a thousand or so ROC Heads pushing the limits of their VSA on the streets of Pottsville after getting all liquered up at the Yuengling brewery would be sending the right message to our kids and grandkids. Sounds like a good tome though... :rolleyes:

Yuengling Lager is my FAVORITE! PA would work, would love to have something more central though.. Colorado sounds friggin awesome! I live in MN, so I won't say here :)

:D

·
Registered
105 Posts
JCH, we could then head over to Hersey and pig out on chocolate with a run to the PA Duch country for some real down home shoo fly pie and other home cooking that will entice the multitudes and take the Paradise rail road too.

Better yet we can do a cruse, but I don't think Royal Carribian would like us tooling about on the deck with our vehicles.

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
I like the idea of multiple locations as a starter, maybe 4 locations centrally located based on population and driving time. As far as the South and East goes, the Great Smokey Mountains are within a days driving distance of about a 1/3rd of the US population. Just something to think about.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I agree in starting off with centrally located smaller meets. I probably would have a better chance of attending one if it were closer to home, depending upon my work sked of course. Does anyone have a program called Streets & Trips? On SIRIUS Backstage forums, someone has this program to graphically display the location of all of its members on a map using their zip codes. Here's what I'm talking about: http://www.siriusbackstage.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19542&sid=0e94b515c95cda6c2c6502888f691952 I think this would be neat to have on the ROC! Whatcha think?

-SixOpRidge

·
Premium Member
1,358 Posts
:) I like the idea of a center of the US meet. Just let me know when.

L

·
0 Posts
25 Year Honda Owner said:
How about meeting in the exact center of the USA?

http://www.kansasphototour.com/center.htm
Sounds good to me!!

The geographical center of the lower 48 states lies outside of Lebanon, Kansas, in the middle of a hog farm.
Geographic Center of the 48 States: Lebanon, KS Directions: In north-central Kansas, a stone's throw from the Nebraska border. Take Highway 281 north through the town of Lebanon. About a mile north of town, a barely-marked highway heads off to the west. The Center is about at the end of that highway, about a mile down the road.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts