Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are taking a long tour in Canada next month. I have gotten so used to using NAV, I'm sorry that the American version does not cover much across the border. How is the Canadian DVD? I don't know that it would be worth purchasing for the amount of time we will be there. I guess I'll be getting cozy with paper maps again.

Also, what's the latest scoop on getting XM up there? Ours is about to expire. I'm not signing up partly because I don't see any sense to pay for something we won't be able to use for weeks. I swore I'd never subscribe, but we've thoroughly enjoyed it during our trial period.

·
Registered
105 Posts
The Canadian DVD works great. It works best in the metropolitan areas. Some rural areas are not "verified" so you will get some pretty screwy directions on the NAV system. I use it as a guide in those circumstances.

XM radio is grey market item here. It works just fine. Several retailers sell XM radio with US subscriptions for service. Our own heavily regulated system with Canadian content is still a year or so away.

Enjoy your trip and welcome to Canada.

Gary
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Silver Ridgeline with matching Element

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
GaryP said:
Enjoy your trip and welcome to Canada.
Thanks. I'm so anxious to embark on our journey. I have a wonderful trip planned. We are lucky to have such a fine vehicle to go touring in.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts