Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E Obsidian Blue Pearl
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After all the problems with my Acura TL head unit imagine the shock on Friday AM when I power up my RL and OEM nav screen was dead. But everything thing else worked fine, including Waze, Google Maps, and CarPlay. Stayed dead all day. Was going to call my service department to see if they had a clue.

Then I read about Garmin receiving a ransomware notice for $10M, and their entire system, including critical aviation, going down. I had no idea the RL's OEM nav was Garmin-based.

So if this happened to anyone else, that's the reason. And yesterday it reappeared, but I don't know what Garmin did about the ransomware.

·
Administrator
15,224 Posts
Nothing that happens on Garmin's end can affect the navigation system in your Ridgeline - it's completely "offline" and 'standalone". The map database is local. All the vehicle receives is location from GPS coordinates and traffic information over HD radio in certain markets.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Happens a couple of times per year for me, after restarting the car and letting nav reboot its usually fine. I think its just a crappy computer, and crappy software.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts