Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently considering purchasing RTL w/NAV from the US however most of the time the truck will be in Western Canada. Is there any difference between the US and Canadian NAV?

·
Registered
164 Posts
I have driven my truck on both sides with no problems. The only thing I can think of is the US purchased truck comes with the US disc that only covers 100 miles into Canada........Canadian truck comes with Canadian disc and 2nd disc for US.....the Canadian disc covers most of the top 50% of US states. All you might have to do is get them to cover the canadian disc.

ps, truck just gets better and better with time.

·
Registered
265 Posts
What the Honda/Alpine web site FAQ says...

Can my navigation system provide coverage for Mexico or Canada?

Coverage for Canada includes all major metropolitan cities and interconnecting roads within approximately 100 miles of the U.S.-Canada border.

A complete listing of Canadian coverage is available online at www.hondanavi.com.

If coverage for northern Canada is required, a white-labeled "Canada" DVD is available. To purchase this edition, contact the DVD Fulfillment Center 1-888-291-4675.

Coverage for Mexico is not provided by the system.

Note: When traveling in Canada, the driver should select kilometers for units. This will allow map units and voice guidance to agree with the posted signage.

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
The US DVD for crossing the border totally sucks unless you live in Vancouver or some larger city right near the border.

With the Alpine description, I actually expected an 100 mile band of all the roads in southern Canada. WRONG! It only gave main arteries and none of the secondary roads in western Alberta and eastern BC. We stayed away from the major cities, so I don't know if it got better at other points.

Look at this thread for some of my observations about using the US DVD in Canada:

http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2826

You will DEFINITELY want the Canada DVD or there won't be any point of getting NAV.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I actually wish I had bought the US model, the Canadian model does not even come prepared for satellite radio. That really sent me in to a tailspin.

If you do, just get the Canadian DVD, pretty good but many places are not totally correct.

We use ours daily and just yesterday searched out Italian Restaurants in Calgary.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts