Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
vertrkr said:
On their What's New, New Features page for it they say "For RL, Ridgeline Navigation support added for rear camera accessory." What the heck does that mean?QUOTE]

Thats a good question. I called the (888) 291-4675 number and got transfered all the way to Honda Customer Service. They said to call my Honda dealer. You guessed it - not a clue.
I would think the Nav screen becomes just a display for the back up camera when you put it in reverse. What navagation support would be needed for going in reverse? I would like to be able to turn on the back up camera without going in reverse - the added update??? - would me nice.

The following 4.31 update is what I'm really interested in.

"For RL Free flow traffic is now shown as green bands alongside the road, and traffic incidents can be listed either by a voice command or using the "map menu".

I believe XM Radio can route you around freeway traffic congestion by giving alternate routes but the above 4.31 update sounds like Real Time data events.
Notice they say "traffic incidents" and "free flow traffic" is shown.

Could it be that XM can be intergrated with the Nav. ?

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
JOZ RIDG said:
vertrkr said:
On their What's New, New Features page for it they say "For RL, Ridgeline Navigation support added for rear camera accessory." What the heck does that mean?QUOTE]

Thats a good question. I called the (888) 291-4675 number and got transfered all the way to Honda Customer Service. They said to call my Honda dealer. You guessed it - not a clue.
I would think the Nav screen becomes just a display for the back up camera. What navagation support would be needed for going in reverse? I would like to turn on back up camera without going in reverse - the added update???

The following 4.31 update is what I'm really interested in.

"For RL Free flow traffic is now shown as green bands alongside the road, and traffic incidents can be listed either by a voice command or using the "map menu".

I believe XM Radio can route you around freeway traffic congestion by giving alternate routes but the above 4.31 update sounds like Real Time data events.
Notice they say "traffic incidents" and "free flow traffic" is shown.

Could it be that XM can be intergrated with the Nav. ?

I called too but transferred to Alpine's tech support who also didn't have a clue.

The Traffic XM integration is only for the Acura RL.

·
Premium Member
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
vertrkr said:
JOZ RIDG said:
I called too but transferred to Alpine's tech support who also didn't have a clue.

The Traffic XM integration is only for the Acura RL.

Your right about the XM integration for Acura RL.

I got excited, saw it listed under RL. It was a little confusing.

Oh well, wishful thiking.

·
Registered
511 Posts
vertrkr said:
On their What's New, New Features page for it they say "For RL, Ridgeline Navigation support added for rear camera accessory." What the heck does that mean?

I've heard of some people hooking up a switch that applies voltage to the reverse pin so that the back up cam can be switched on at any time...not just in reverse. In these cases, the nav system thinks that your driving backwards so routes and things are messed up until you switch it off. Perhaps the update corrects this...but this is a total guess. I'm torn on getting it. I like to have the most recent software but the map updates don't look like they'll apply to me. I do have the back up cam (with standard install) so maybe the update will do something for me. $185...I'll have to think about it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Has anyone ordered it yet?

·
Premium Member
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ruffles said:
I've heard of some people hooking up a switch that applies voltage to the reverse pin so that the back up cam can be switched on at any time...not just in reverse. In these cases, the nav system thinks that your driving backwards so routes and things are messed up until you switch it off. Perhaps the update corrects this...but this is a total guess. I'm torn on getting it. I like to have the most recent software but the map updates don't look like they'll apply to me. I do have the back up cam (with standard install) so maybe the update will do something for me. $185...I'll have to think about it.
To bad they cant tell us about the update. Ive' called everyone.

Going to keep trying. Will post anything I can find out.

·
Registered
257 Posts
slcosta said:
Has anyone ordered it yet?

I professionally complained to my service manager ( She kicks ass by the way ) leanne up at Auburn Honda. She said she would make a call to Honda and try and get me taken care of. Fingers Crossed.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Good afternoon. I am a "first time" poster. My new Ridgeline will be delivered this afternoon. After reading the information on the latest version for the Navi. I called my sales person and explained that version 4.31 is now available and I think it should be included. There was a bit of hesitance...said he would call back. Called back in 30 minutes and indicated it had been ordered. Will upgrade at my convenience. That's service! Thankyou.
I must say I have learned a lot from this site and appreciate all the information.

·
Premium Member
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Guitpicker said:
Good afternoon. My new Ridgeline will be delivered this afternoon. After reading the information on the latest version for the Navi. I called my sales person and explained that version 4.31 is now available and I think it should be included. There was a bit of hesitance...said he would call back. Called back in 30 minutes and indicated it had been ordered. Will upgrade at my convenience.
Congratulations on your GREAT purchase.

Great move on requesting the 4.31 update on the Navi with your deal.

After you get over all the excitement, which will undoutedly and hopefully take a LONG time, could you check the Navi for any obvious upgrades regarding the back-up camera option and give us a post?

Not sure if you need the back-up camera to see any updates.

Thanks.

Joe

L

·
0 Posts
Guitpicker said:
Good afternoon. I am a "first time" poster. My new Ridgeline will be delivered this afternoon. After reading the information on the latest version for the Navi. I called my sales person and explained that version 4.31 is now available and I think it should be included. There was a bit of hesitance...said he would call back. Called back in 30 minutes and indicated it had been ordered. Will upgrade at my convenience. That's service! Thankyou.
I must say I have learned a lot from this site and appreciate all the information.
Welcome to the ROC family Guitpicker. We're glad you're here.
Congratulations and enjoy the ride!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi everybody!! This is my first post and I did it as a reply because I don't know where the post button is....I guess I'll figure it out in a few days?!? Anyway, I just purchased a 2006 Ridgeline (Silver) with navi and a bunch of accessory's and I just love it! I found your forum browsing the internet and thought I'd join up.........I am going to try to get the dealer to give me the upgraded version of the dvd...When I was buying it I told them I wanted the latest and they said it was, but when I checked it out today it was the older 4.13....Seeing is that I just paid a WHOLE lot of money for this I'd would rather not give them another $185.00 just 8 days after I purchased it! Does anybody know if the 4.31 version came out before I made my purchase on Sept. 20th........? Well Hi to everybody and hope to continue reading all of your post and sucking up the wealth of info that is posted here. thanks....

·
Premium Member
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Rickyracer said:
Does anybody know if the 4.31 version came out before I made my purchase on Sept. 20th........?
I would say YES it was released before your purchase date.

I found the new release info on 9/23/05 @ https://iweb.alpine-usa.com/Hondadvdsales/naviorder.php only 3 days after your purchase.

I have called the (888) 549-3798 number and they have no idea of a specific date of release.

I would definitely insit the dealer give you the 4.31 update.

When you call the number one of the first thing you hear is a recording "If you have a new vehicle the most recent release came with your car"

Joe

·
Registered
257 Posts
My Kickass service rep called me back, she said she ordered one for me and no charge. + She is replacing my streering wheel casue it creeks. I never asked for that she just wants to make sure I am happy. My Dealership ROX!

·
Registered
127 Posts
I just tried my Service Rep and got a real clear HELL NO :mad: about getting mine updated free of charge, guess I'll have to wait for those that are to see if it is worth it.

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
Welcome Rickyracer & Guitpicker, Glad to have you both on board. I'm wondering what the total membership is up to currently. :D

1 - 20 of 40 Posts