Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
51 Posts
Well no one has replied saying their NAV also reboot.
Well, it does for me now. In my case, NAV screen reboots constantly. Does not even make to app screen. Starts with "Honda Link" logo for few seconds then reboots. The problem began just few weeks back and my guess it is caused by summer heat. Could be some hardware malfunctioned due to the hot weather. My car is still under warranty (15K 2.5 yrs). I am taking it to the service and will post an update.

What I have noticed is that if I walk away from the truck too quickly that is usually when he auto lock fails. It appears that it needs a second or two to register so I always wait for the first beep and then I rarely have a problem.
I have noticed same issue with mine 2018 RTL-E. Feels like computer program that controls this door lock function needs fix / better software testing at Honda.

· Registered
51 Posts
Take a video and show it to the dealer if you want it replaced. Mine totally locked up so I drove to the dealer. They took photos and videos and ordered a replacement.
Mine NAV screen does rebooting non stop. It actually never finishes booting up. Aafter "Honda link logo" goes to black screen. Than reboot. No need to take video. I draw to the dealer today. They told me Honda is aware of the issue and working on software update, expected in August. In mean time it is my problem I have to wait and hope for the best ...
Asked if they can turn NAV off. Got NO as an answer. Too many things are linked to NAV. So no GPS, no phone connection, no backup camera for more than a month.

I am surprised I am alone with this type of error at the forum given Honda is "working" on the fix. May be no one actually tested my case (looked at error code). Just dumped me on wait queue for NAV fix hopping it is going to fix. A month here, an another there - out of warranty dear customer... Not happy with Honda. :( What worries me most, there is some relay clicking tick each time NAV does reboot. Give it a few months of non stop rebooting it may just trash that relay and that would be only my problem.

Such a shame on software quality. If for some reason NAV computer is not happy with whatever, just show error code and ask to turn-off. Rebooting non stop - means no one expected / tested that NAV may malfunction. A default error handler as reboot is like sweeping error under the rag :( Too many things in the car now depend on the computer. And Honda sweeps errors under the rag, what could go wrong?!

· Registered
51 Posts
4 weeks later - no reaction. Silly me, believed someone cares and looks into my issue. The issue is 100% persistent. I tried to reach Honda CS for 2 days over phone, waited for 30-40 minutes, no luck. If someone got similar problem please share your story. May be it is a time to see a lawyer.
To my surprise web link "email to Honda Customer Service" does work. I got auto generated email with confirmation. Hopefully someone in Honda has to read it now.

· Registered
51 Posts
Not yet. Your next step is to file a claim with the National Center for Dispute Settlement. The
Thank you ZRoger73, very helpful advice.
My case turns out to be just a bureaucracy delay. Honda customer service was sucks. For some reason after 2 months of back and forth, Honda did approved NAV unit replacement in my case. Hardware failure was obvious (to me) from day one, not sure who wins by forcing me to drive two months on the car with no NAV and backup camera, not fulfiting warenty obligations and then replacing NAV anyway.
My guess it is America Honda Corporation bureaucracy simply not performing they duty for no reason, your typical "Corporate" company when no one cares about reputation, just "shareholder" short term value.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.