Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

· Registered
51 Posts
4 weeks later - no reaction. Silly me, believed someone cares and looks into my issue. The issue is 100% persistent. I tried to reach Honda CS for 2 days over phone, waited for 30-40 minutes, no luck. If someone got similar problem please share your story. May be it is a time to see a lawyer.
To my surprise web link "email to Honda Customer Service" does work. I got auto generated email with confirmation. Hopefully someone in Honda has to read it now.

· Administrator
24,826 Posts
May be it is a time to see a lawyer.
Not yet. Your next step is to file a claim with the National Center for Dispute Settlement. The NCDS is a neutral third party who will listen to both you and Honda and reach a decision. If you accept the NCDS's decision, Honda will abide by it.

Read "Customer Satisfaction" starting on page 2 of your Ridgeline's Warranty Booklet.

If you do not accept the NCDS's decision, then you can get a lawyer, but at that point it is almost always cheaper, quicker, and less stressful to sell or trade in the vehicle.

· Registered
51 Posts
Not yet. Your next step is to file a claim with the National Center for Dispute Settlement. The
Thank you ZRoger73, very helpful advice.
My case turns out to be just a bureaucracy delay. Honda customer service was sucks. For some reason after 2 months of back and forth, Honda did approved NAV unit replacement in my case. Hardware failure was obvious (to me) from day one, not sure who wins by forcing me to drive two months on the car with no NAV and backup camera, not fulfiting warenty obligations and then replacing NAV anyway.
My guess it is America Honda Corporation bureaucracy simply not performing they duty for no reason, your typical "Corporate" company when no one cares about reputation, just "shareholder" short term value.

· Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
rebooting continues. I have found that if I'm on my iPhone XR (with it locked I think) and I get in the truck and start it, the unit will ask if ok to transfer the call. If I ignore it or say no the unit starts rebooting over and over and over. Took it to the dealer for an oil change and explained the above. One of the two shop Formans tried the above and it started rebooting for him also. After waiting for the new/re-maned unit to arrive the replacement failed with an error about bad XM antenna. So they ordered one. Replaced the antenna and no change. So they ordered another NAV unit. This one worked. Service writer and I got in the truck and did the above test. NO CHANGE! We may 3 or 4 calls starting the truck and the unit started rebooting. If this was the only way it was rebooting I would ignore it and more on. But it will reboot for no reason, does not matter if the phone or nav is in use or not. And to stop the rebooting the truck needs to be turned off then on.

So now they have unpaired my phone and unplugged my changing cable to see if it still reboots. Painful, as it reboots "whenever" about every 2 months. Totally random. So no phone calls while driving and I can not use the NAV to search for a place because the phone is not paired.
I am beginning to think Honda is NOT going to fix the problem. I've dealing with this for 4 years, 2 iPhones, 2 pair of hearing aids (that do not pair to the truck) and I'm on my 3rd NAV unit - not counting the one that never worked.

Guys, do you have any suggestions for me, please....
I don't think the 2019s and up have this problem.

Plus the voice commands just do not work. The canned ones are find. But speak an address or business name just does not not work.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.