Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IS anyone else having an issue with their Navigation system not going into nite mode?

I have my setting set to auto, and the manual says it will go into Nite mode when I have the headlights on, however it never goes into nite mode.

The only way to get it into nite mode is to go into the settings and change it from Auto to Nite mode.

Am I the only one have this issue?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Scott Greczkowski said:
IS anyone else having an issue with their Navigation system not going into nite mode?

I have my setting set to auto, and the manual says it will go into Nite mode when I have the headlights on, however it never goes into nite mode.

The only way to get it into nite mode is to go into the settings and change it from Auto to Nite mode.

Am I the only one have this issue?
I didn't read about the auto feature but you can get night mode by using your "dash dimmer wheel". Maybe the wheel setting will effect the auto function???

·
Registered
254 Posts
The illumination control on the Instrument panel is probably set to max bright. This setting overrides the “night” mode. It is intended as a convenient feature when using the headlamps on the daytime.

Rotate the control off form the “max-bright” detent and it should work correctly.

·
Registered
72 Posts
The dash dimmer wheel, if locked in the full on bright mode will effect the function. I learned this the first week. And just the opposite... if you have the lights on during the day the NAVI goes into night mode. To overcome this you simply turn the dimmer wheel until it is full on bright and clicks into position.

06RTLNAVBlue said:
I didn't read about the auto feature but you can get night mode by using your "dash dimmer wheel". Maybe the wheel setting will effect the auto function???

·
Registered
484 Posts
My Garmin (mounted on my motorcycle) switches to night-mode base on the Time of Day. I don't know why the OEM one wouldn't since the GPS works by receiving several time signals.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts