Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First - Hi, I'm the owner of a brand new Ridgline RTL with Nav. So far, I'm pretty happy, but I've beaten up google for a couple of days trying to figure out - if there a process, how-to, kit, download, etc that I can use to remove the Disclaimer screen? (The "NAG" screen)

Ive gone through the owners manual, looked at the contents of the DVD, looked at articles here, on the pilot forum, on an acura forum...

Ive looked at linuxkiddies.com, kptechnologies.com, 8thcivic, honda-tech, etc, etc.

Is there any known/available solution out there?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
11,315 Posts
I doubt any reputable firm like KP would touch it. It is a safety issue. For dummies, I agree, but lawyers make money off dummies in court.

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Whats the big problem with the screen?
I have had it in my 2000 Acura TL for 12yrs & I don't read it you just push the button & get on with it. If that's all they wan't to do with the Nav system I am okay with that.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I don't like it and find it annoying, but it becomes habit just like putting on your seatblet after a while. Pretty soon you'll get used to it and it will become second nature...like pre flight prep in a cockpit.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Yes, it can be done but it is a true PITA to do. I did it on my 2003 Accord nav unit...I, too, hated to see the generic screen all the time. I deleted all my old Accord links, but try searching "Driveaccord.net" as I know the info is there. It requires downloading some specific software, changing some boot files, burning them to a DVD, and then loading the new DVD into the nav drive and performing some reprogramming of the nav through a hidden menu from the nav screen itself. Honestly, a PITA and after I was done it seemed like a lot of work for one simple change. HTH.

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
I don't like it and find it annoying, but it becomes habit just like putting on your seatblet after a while. Pretty soon you'll get used to it and it will become second nature...like pre flight prep in a cockpit.
I do the pre flight prep all the time it is rare that I do not put up the map screen when I start the vehicle. But with the 00 TL with NAV you have the Nav map screen or the big clock screen and the climate control function screen. You can leave it off. With the Ridgeline you have the option of displaying the Audio screen. As said you get use to it I have done it so many times it is like putting on the seatbelt.

·
Registered
5,671 Posts
I thought you can change it and put your name instead, ha ha

On scions you can change the display to like 7 different colors and put your name to briefly show when you start it and aux input even on 03's

Thanks. Honda

·
Administrator
16,796 Posts
At least you can still input destinations while in motion unlike many other brands where you not only have to accept a disclaimer screen at startup, but you also have to be completely stopped and in some cases in park. Not that I'm condoning inputting information while driving, but the system will allow you to do so.

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
At least you can still input destinations while in motion unlike many other brands where you not only have to accept a disclaimer screen at startup, but you also have to be completely stopped and in some cases in park. Not that I'm condoning inputting information while driving, but the system will allow you to do so.
I have not had the use of other vehicles Nav systems only Acura/Honda my 00 TL & the Ridgeline
Then over the past 12yrs if my car was at the dealership for service I get a loaner Acura. I live 20 miles from my dealership so the loaner cars now have Nav in them. I have had the MDX & a few TLs & TSX loaners. Back this summer when my TL had the T/Belt & spark plugs done they gave me a TSX with Nav.

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Welcome to the ROC jakerson9.

I too, don't like it, but you stop noticing it eventually!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts