Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

Navi Problem: Shows Vehicle in Atlantic Ocean - 2008 Honda Ridgeline

2K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  the ed dude 
#1 ·
I'm currently getting ready to sell my 2008 Honda Ridgeline and want to make sure everything is working.

A couple of years ago someone had stolen the fin/antenna cover I had on my ridgeline. Initially we covered it up what I believe is the GPS antenna with some duct tape but after awhile it came off. If just completely forgot to buy it a fin cover and due to rain and other elements I feel the GPS antenna got damaged but I'm not sure if that's were the GPS antenna is. I was wondering if anybody else has had this issue? I've tried looking for a similar issue on the forum and tried looking for videos on this issue and replacement but I have had no luck.

Any help is appreciated, thank you.

#2 ·
Not that it matters, but are you sure it was stolen ? I had one get knocked off my Gen1 at a car wash. Fortunately I found it on the ground and was able to secure back on with a little epoxy. As far as the duct tape goes... you had it covered for a few years in tape-it's probably corroded...how far are you from the ocean ? LOL

#3 ·
Yeah it was stolen for sure. It was getting fixed at a body shop and when I went to go pick it up it was no longer on there. Did you know how to fix the problem or what the problem is by chance? Or if the top antenna is the GPS antenna?

#6 ·
Lol. I'm just going to replace the GPS module and go from there. I was able to find a Ridgeline Repair Guide. Turns out the GPS module in inside the dash.

Also, adding a picture of the problem just in case anyone would like to help and get a better look.

Attachments

#8 ·
I'm currently getting ready to sell my 2008 Honda Ridgeline and want to make sure everything is working.

A couple of years ago someone had stolen the fin/antenna cover I had on my ridgeline. Initially we covered it up what I believe is the GPS antenna with some duct tape but after awhile it came off. If just completely forgot to buy it a fin cover and due to rain and other elements I feel the GPS antenna got damaged but I'm not sure if that's were the GPS antenna is. I was wondering if anybody else has had this issue? I've tried looking for a similar issue on the forum and tried looking for videos on this issue and replacement but I have had no luck.

Any help is appreciated, thank you.
My antenna cover has been missing for a few years and the only thing it seems to affect is that I don't get satellite radio signal anymore. Pretty sure my GPS functions fine. Just recently the time readjusted an hour forward of where I am. That is kind of annoying.

#9 ·
Did your Navi mess up after the new year? I saw a thread where the clocks are messed up due to the new year. I’m wondering if that’s the issue for me. Like my clock doesn’t even show up on the radio and it won’t let me change the time at all. So I’m wondering if my NAV isn’t working due to that as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.