Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the navi screen multifunctional? Does it show your cd titles and fm/am station or is it purely for navigation functions. if its purely navigation i think i will pass. How is it on the other Honda models?

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
The Navi screen is multifunctional. It shows the radio stations, XM stations,, and CDs. It also can be used for certain system settings, such as screen brightness. I will try to post some screen shots of the screen from my '05 Ody later today.

·
Registered
3 Posts
On the Navi system, does it give you turn by turn directions with speech or does it only display location. Is there a site we can look at specifications on how it is updated etc, monthly costs?

·
2,346 Posts
The Nav system in the Ody gives you turn by turn directions.

There is no monthly cost.

I have no idea how often updates are available nor do I know how much they will cost. When I had my Infiniti, then updates were yearly and ran about $200 for the DVD.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Re: RIDGELINE PEDALS

I Would Like For The Pedals To Extend Out Further In My Ridgeline. What Is The Best Way To Do That. I Am 5'2" And When I Scoot Up To Touch The Pedals My Knees Are Too Close.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Your seat has full height and pretty much every other adjustment...can't you adjust these settings to satisfy? I found the electronic adjustments to great...of course compared to a CRV ;)

·
Registered
119 Posts
Thanks for posting the pics of your Ody nav screens Zero. That really helps me see what it can do. I have been waiting for nav, and now I am glad I am holding out. I hope the comments aren't true, that RTLs with nav are in short supply.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I picked up my RTL last thursday. It doesn't have the navi unit but I am now seriously thinking of adding it. Does anybody have any idea what the cost is?

Zero

Could you please post a pic of the Aux input that is supposedly above the glove box?

·
2,346 Posts
Here is a picture from Honda's website.

Attachments

·
2,346 Posts
I am an iPod user as well but unfortunately I doubt that song titles will show up on the navi screen. I don't have my Ridgeline yet so someone who already has their truck and an iPod may be better equiped to answer.

·
Registered
996 Posts
I don't think the dealer will add navigation. I think that comes from the factory. I could be wrong. I imagine it would be about $2,000 since that's the price difference between a RT-L/moonroof and RT-L / navigation

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Ridge said:
I don't think the dealer will add navigation. I think that comes from the factory. I could be wrong. I imagine it would be about $2,000 since that's the price difference between a RT-L/moonroof and RT-L / navigation
If it's anything like how the Ody was made there's no way. One guy on the odyclub.com inquired with Honda and actually got the VP & factory engineers involved and concluded it was near impossible or rather cost prohibitive as the whole car would just about have to be taken apart and new wiring harnesses added which the dealer would not be able to handle. He eneded up trading in his 2 week old Ody for a Nav version one. Think he took like a $5000 hit on that one.

Another option is to add a 3rd party system like Pioneer's which is pretty darn cool:
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/mec/category/two/0,,2076_3149,00.html

·
2,346 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised if they couldn't add it in later. It is a very integrated solution and, as vertrkr stated in his reply, probably would be cost prohibitive to retofit it.

What I am surprised at is that the rear dvd is not factory only like in the Ody. I looked over the install pdf and it looks like almost the whole truck interior is involved with the install. I'll bet service departments are going to hate putting that in a vehicle.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Re: Navi also allows install of rearview camera!

The camera view shows up on the nav screen. Great feature for trailering and backing. Camera is about $250 although installation is about $800 (approx. 10.5hrs). I definitely want the camera although I might install myself or wait for Christmas :)!!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
zero said:
I am an iPod user as well but unfortunately I doubt that song titles will show up on the navi screen. I don't have my Ridgeline yet so someone who already has their truck and an iPod may be better equiped to answer.

Just got mine with Navi. No the songs dont show from the IPOD. But it still sounds great. Better than an FM modulator.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
I am waiting for my RTL-Navi to be built. ETA 5/7/05. On the stand-alone XM radios there is a feature where you can enter a list of artists or a group of songs. When the artist or song is played on any XM channel, the radio will beep and display the title for five seconds. Pressing the XM button at that time will take you directly to that channel. Does the Ridgeline XM have that feature? I really like it on my stand-alone unit.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts