Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if there is a conversion unit out there for our navi? So that the factory screen could show the aftermarket DVD player. I found some posts on www.acuramdx.org saying how to do it.

Steel blue EX-L navi
B.C. Canada

·
Registered
13 Posts
Seems like it should be possible. If I understand correctly the "backup assist" camera displays on the Nav display when the truck is put in reverse. If you can feed a camera to the Nav you should be able to feed a DVD.. Here's hoping someone has interest and time to figure out how. :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I Did it - Navi screen conversion and more

I got ine back today from http://www.besttire.com in Great Neck NY. I had them do following
Navi/DVD Player Conversion
Bullet back-up Camera installed below tailgate rear lock handle
Remote Start on OEM Key
Game/external audio and video input jack with AC Power inverter

They did a clean and flawless job. Backing up in pitch dark was a pleasure and well lit because of the quality camera and backup light illumination. So glad I didnt go for dealer install.
Took a 2 hour drive and my kids enjoyed Spiderman Movie on dash and the factory stereo & Subwoofer killed!
Total cost was under 1500 and well worth it.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Pictures, please :) :)

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Complex,

I am certain that I am not the only one that would like to know the details and see some pictures of your installation. Nicely done! I am still a week or two away from delivery but I have been looking at various cameras. It sounds like you have a great installation.
Congratulations!
Thanks!

·
Registered
13 Posts
What I would really like is for someone to figure out how to hack the start up screen on the Navi. I wouls love to be able to install my own graphic. I have seen that there are hacks for other Honday and Acura systems (www.hackaday.com) but they don't seem to work on the Ridgeline's navi (different software disk I think becasue none of the file names were the same). Anyone have an idea?

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
I would be very interested in how they did it, our local shop who prides on custum can do anything work... says they cant find the schematic and do not wanna mess with wires until they know forsure... ant chance of getting a wiring diagram or schematic of what they did...I'll pay (reasonbly) if they are willing:)

·
Registered
40 Posts
I haven't done alot of playing, but I did have a look at the back up camera connection, it appears to be a standard 6 pin connector, most A/V stores would likely be able to provide a cable to connect any DVD player to this back up camera port on the navi system, only thing I haven't figured out yet is how to play the DVD's without having the truck in reverse.

Watching television or movies is not a safe practice while driving, and in fact in Alberta, Canada having any display in view of the driver is prohibited. Strict interpretation of this law even prohibits navigation systems, however I don't believe this has ever been or will be an issue for navi owners unless they make a conversion and are watching the Fast and the Furious while racing down the highway.;)

·
Registered
222 Posts
outtaline said:
Someone has figured it out. Look at this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Honda-Ridgeline-Nav-Video-Converter-WATCH-DVD-MOVIES_W0QQitemZ320025948302QQihZ011QQcategoryZ48605QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem:D[/QUOT

I just did this it's a converter (vci-x) to see dvd on navi, you still need a dvd player.

i just got a system installed, custom box (under the rear seats) w/ 2 10'' subs(kickers comp). two alpine amps inbeded into the box, 2 7'' monitors in the head rests a dvd player under the passanger seat and the vci-x converter to see the dvd on the navi screan.

wow this sounds better then anybody imagined i just got my ridgeline back last night it was an all day install i will show pic later.

if you all go to the Santa Cruz meet in two weeks you all can see and hear it.

·
Registered
239 Posts

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
For what they're charging you could probably just mount a 42" plasma w/ blueray in the backseat!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts