Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

My navigation system has the strangest problem.

My 3 year old was randomly pressing things, and now, all roads are displayed as unverified. (which have always been shown before)

No street names are displayed, no highways, nothing.

If setting a destination, it will calculate and highlight path, but, no turn by turn is displayed, no 'directions' button, and a strange blue dotted line is displayed in a straight line from our current position to destination. (also the time to destination is completely thrown off as it somehows thinks everything is unverified).

No idea how to fix it. Has anyone seen this before ?

Thanks for any help! And Happy Thanksgiving!

·
Registered
322 Posts
as a quick try thing, eject the DVD for the nav system then reinstall it and it should read the verified roads again i would think.

·
Registered
239 Posts
try zooming in

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Hi,

My navigation system has the strangest problem.

My 3 year old was randomly pressing things, and now, all roads are displayed as unverified. (which have always been shown before)

No street names are displayed, no highways, nothing.

If setting a destination, it will calculate and highlight path, but, no turn by turn is displayed, no 'directions' button, and a strange blue dotted line is displayed in a straight line from our current position to destination. (also the time to destination is completely thrown off as it somehows thinks everything is unverified).

No idea how to fix it. Has anyone seen this before ?

Thanks for any help! And Happy Thanksgiving!
What may or has happen is the kids may have pushed a button in the sub menu screens of the navigation system. You wan't to go to the menu screen that has set-up in it then push that button. There is a button & factory default for Unverified Area Routing You wan't to have that function turned On. You should see it in one of the sub menu screens. I forget how many screens the navigation system has but this would be in one of them like the OFF Road BreadCrumb
dotted line menus.

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
After you push set-up I think it is the second sub screen in the navigation system. You need to push the MORE touch screen button to get to that screen. You should see touch screen buttons that say Routing & Guidance.
You should also see in that menu touch screen buttons saying Rerouting that button should be pushed to Automatic & the Unverified Area Routing button should be set to ON.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts