Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2012 RTL with navigation. Currently systems gives a message about being outside of a database. I'm thinking it's probably not setup correctly since it doesn't list Hawaii in the listing of states. Other than going back to the dealer, is there anyway I can properly setup the navigation system to work properly ?

·
Premium Member
11,421 Posts
Sounds like poor prep work on the dealer's part. They should not let a car off the lot without making sure the new owner has some familiarity as to how everything works. (and everything better be working!)
Might try calling the dealer and explain the issue. Or call Honda directly.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK will do that. Yeah, I was thinking this should have already been set up. I should have known something might be going on when the salesman mentioned "we don't usually get RL's with navi out here". They probably are not aware that navigation has to be changed from US mainland to Hawaii.

·
Premium Member
11,421 Posts
OK will do that. Yeah, I was thinking this should have already been set up. I should have known something might be going on when the salesman mentioned "we don't usually get RL's with navi out here". They probably are not aware that navigation has to be changed from US mainland to Hawaii.
I was not either, we do have other Hawaiian owners on here, don't remember the issue coming up before. Aloha!
Let us know what happens!

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK, here is the fix for anyone who has experienced this problem. Turn on key so that navigation splash screen boots up and select the OK to acknowledge the "WARNINGS, blah, blah, blah screen. Press and hold the following 3 keys simultaneously for about 5 seconds (MENU, MAPGUIDE and CANCEL). Another screen will be shown with menu options. Select the option for coverage area and then select either US or Hawaii. That's it. There are a lot of other options on this menu screen that are probably only meant for the service professionals so please tread lightly when poking around.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Out of curiosity, did you get that from the dealer or from fooling around with it....after reading the manual?

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I went to the dealer service department. Tech fixed my issue and showed me how to get back in just in case settings went back to the default settings of "US" instead of "HAWAII".

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Cool! They didn't charge you for that, did they?

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No, no charge. I just bought the RL and navi wasn't setup from day 1.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts