Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to Garmin and downloaded the latest maps update after formation my thumb drive on my 2017 Honda ridgeline. It said I was out of space and had to go to the dealer. I think this is BS and can't see why when Garmin map updates are for life. To make sure I was dong this correctly I formatted the thumb drive for the second time from the Honda counsel and downloaded the latest and great Garmin Express updates and got the same thing. What is going on and how do I clear the space so I can get the latest maps uploaded?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I updated my 2018 once. My recollection is the instructions were to insert the thumb drive first in the truck. I believe the truck put info on the thumb drive. I then put the thumb drive in my pc and went to the garmin website. After that it was back to the truck to upload the update. It was a few months ago.

Try formatting the thumb drive with your pc. I don't think the Honda counsel (console?) will format a drive.

Also double check the thumb drive size. Honda is particular the right size is used.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I updated my 2018 once. My recollection is the instructions were to insert the thumb drive first in the truck. I believe the truck put info on the thumb drive. I then put the thumb drive in my pc and went to the garmin website. After that it was back to the truck to upload the update. It was a few months ago.

Try formatting the thumb drive with your pc. I don't think the Honda counsel (console?) will format a drive.

Also double check the thumb drive size. Honda is particular the right size is used.
Thatt was the answer. I had to format the thumb drive with a program called SD Card Formatter, them when I went to the truck it added some necessary information from the Honda that told Garmin what I had. I then took the drive back to the PC where it put the maps onto the drive. Then it was back to the truck and 20 minutes later the maps in the truck were updated. Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
I went to Garmin and downloaded the latest maps update after formation my thumb drive on my 2017 Honda ridgeline. It said I was out of space and had to go to the dealer. I think this is BS and can't see why when Garmin map updates are for life. To make sure I was dong this correctly I formatted the thumb drive for the second time from the Honda counsel and downloaded the latest and great Garmin Express updates and got the same thing. What is going on and how do I clear the space so I can get the latest maps uploaded?
Found this on the Garmin site

The following is needed to perform the map update:
  • 16 GB USB Drive Only
    • The Honda Navigation System update requires a 16GB USB flash drive. Using a USB flash drive smaller or larger than 16GB can cause the map update process to be unsuccessful. The following error message may display: "There is not enough space on the device to install the map update from USB storage device."
    • Using the Same USB Flash Drive for the Honda Map Update
In the Honda manual it just said 16 GB or larger. Will give it a try later.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts