Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone had this issue with the navigation. I get little squares that say image not loading. Can't input or get into navigation settings. Cant use voice prompts. Anyone know how to reset navigation system. I tried factory restore under settings but that only resets head unit settings. :|

https://youtu.be/_rDJvbeIfRs

Attachments

·
Registered
433 Posts
That is a new problem I have not seen. Can you get to the Garmin settings screen? If you can, do a map update via USB. Seems your POI files are corrupted - but just a guess. :surprise:

·
Registered
433 Posts
I can't get in to garmin settings. :frown:
Looks like a trip to the dealer is the next step. If they are unable to re-load the Garmin software then it may be a total replacement of the audio-nav head unit. Some Pilot tech info shows the following information and most likely applies to the RL as well:

SD Card
The audio-navigation unit uses a SD card as a storage media that saves the map data, dictionary of voice recognition, system data, backup data, and applications. The audio-navigation unit and the SD card cannot be replaced separately.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update: Had the audio-nav head unit totally replaced. I took over 2 weeks for dealer to get the part. I had done the map update about two weeks prior to navigation stop working. Now I'm afraid to update maps again.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Thanks for the update. My audio-nav head unit was also replaced at 875 miles. My symptom was different from yours though. My system would not boot at all. I did notice that my unit received a Garmin firmware update to v2.14 which changed a few things, but nothing major that I have noticed other than map vehicle/pointer options. I re-installed the 2017.10 map update with no problem. I have also added extra voices and after one month all is well.

One other major change I have noticed with my new head unit is that the screen surface is a bit more matte and fingerprint smudges are not as noticeable and annoying as my original.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the update. My audio-nav head unit was also replaced at 875 miles. My symptom was different from yours though. My system would not boot at all. I did notice that my unit received a Garmin firmware update to v2.14 which changed a few things, but nothing major that I have noticed other than map vehicle/pointer options. I re-installed the 2017.10 map update with no problem. I have also added extra voices and after one month all is well.

One other major change I have noticed with my new head unit is that the screen surface is a bit more matte and fingerprint smudges are not as noticeable and annoying as my original.
Thanks for the info, I just checked and my new head unit Garmin firmware is version 2.14. I not sure what old was since once it stoped working I could not get into that menu screen. I have not noticed anything about the screen surface, the dealer left the packaging film and I have not removed it yet, I had a screen protector on old radio and waiting on another to be delivered soon. How did you get extra voices for the nav. I had read some user modified the update file before installed it on radio but Im not sure If I want to do that and corrupt any files. Did you do it like that?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: adding the extra Garmin voices - that was me. This should take you directly to the post: http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/2428201-post47.html You do need Garmin voice files to make it work. I've always liked the Australian voice, Karen so nice to have her still with me. :laugh:
Thanks for the info, Im not that tech savy to modify update files, my luck ill prob mess up files. Im about to walk out to update map right now. the 2016 maps don't have my home address and some local roads and 2017 does. So ill give it another shot.

·
Registered
94 Posts

You said you installed map update 2017.10, when I check Garmin Express it says my 2017.00 maps is "up to date"! Can you confirm your maps are 2017.10 versus 2017.00??

Thanks

·
Registered
433 Posts
You had me going there for a minute because I knew I already answered your question - turns out it was in the Garmin Express thread. So, here it is again: "Can you confirm your maps are 2017.10 versus 2017.00?"

No, sorry to say I can't. Chalk it up as a "brain fart". I posted correct version in an earlier post and then went on to update several other Garmin products and I guess I had too many map versions in my head. Current map version is 2017.0

·
Registered
1 Posts
bought a 2013 Honda Ridgeline and the radio/navigation system stopped working. screen went black, tried replacing fuses and still not working, has anyone had any problems. and know how to fix with out major cost

1 - 12 of 12 Posts