Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there im very satisfied with my RL, excelent performance, problem is that the screen its totally dark, i can tell its on because i can se a white background light on it, It does let me open it up(the screen goes white and shows a "no coffe no touch pictures?" when its opened) and I can close it when I push the button nevertheless it wont show any map or anything, I tried to eject the dvd from the dvd player but nothing will come out, it doesnt even makes a beep or anything and i know that theres a dvd inside because i tried to put in a disc and it wont let me like theres something inside already, I bought my baby on an auction so i have no warranty and actually never saw the navigation working... What can i do?

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,392 Posts
I'd say go aftermarket, far more features, power(internal amp) and more up date, than a 2007 OEM navi HU. In addition to the cost to resolve this, the Update disc is between $99-$149...

But if you have to have the OEM NAVI, I'd guess a dealer would want a pretty penny for diagnosis and new parts. I know there are a few threads on here about the under seat Navi DVD player dying. I don't specifically remember the screen being black from my memory. It may be the OEM HU, screen failed.

Reread your post, when you say you tried to eject the DVD from the DVD Player, your talking about the Navi DVD player under the seat, right? If it's the HU, CD slot, behind the Navi screen I'd think it's the HU, that needs replacing first.

1st, use the search, slightly to the right, in the Blue Bar (not the Google search in the middle), try like Navi Screen, Navi DVD and so on

2nd, Search the web to see if you can find if anyone is refurbishing Honda Ridgeline HU's, such a low production vehicle, and I believe the RL HU is specific to it and not used on any other Honda's.

3rd hope that a few more people see this thread and can provide more info that own an RL w Navi, and can provide more answers

Good Luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts