Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the details on the navigation option?
What can it do, waypoints, trip log etc? Can you update it?
So on and so forth..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
The system does just about everything, from an address book, to save trips,to finding gas, restraunts and can be done by voice command. You can also control the climate by voice and the audio thats right even CD selection. Also I think that only the RTL's with nav have a aux for a mp3 player.

I still have a long way to go in the nav manual :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
536 Posts
I do enjoy the warning screen about not blindly trusting the GPS maps and am so glad that I have to press the "ok" button EVERY TIME I START THE TRUCK, but first I have to wait until the navigation system loads.

Just the other day I was following the nav system and about to drive off a cliff when I remembered the warning from Honda.


I honestly can't begin to express how stupid and annoying that warning is. It would be more tolerable if I didn't have to press the OK button every time, but it's still very stupid
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
51 Posts
What you guys think are the chances that the Navi system could be offered as a dealer add on ? Or a third party system that would have the same freatures as the Honda sys.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,092 Posts
conchflats said:
What you guys think are the chances that the Navi system could be offered as a dealer add on ? Or a third party system that would have the same freatures as the Honda sys.
No chance the dealer can add it, this was discussed in another thread I think. Nothing beats the Honda system as it's so integrated but 3rd party ones are pretty darn good. I added an Alpine system to my old Expedition and loved it. I think Pioneer makes a really good one now. I got mine at Good Guys and had them install it. Probably run ya like two grand for this.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
361 Posts
Alpine is the OEM for Honda.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,009 Posts
well, i use my dell axim for nav gps it does the same as nav on the honda and its also voice activation. Its portable and can be use while hiking, skiing and boating. I figure the cost for a Dell pda & GPS kit is better to go torwards the vehicle purchase or other purchases or even more money in the pocket. :)
 
L

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
When I arrived home tonight after looking at some commercial property, I noticed "Ivan" was stuck!! :confused: It never released itself from the last position I was stopped in for a few minutes about 5 miles down the road. It was a vacant piece of land, about 10 acres, which use to be an old truck depot. I tried to clear it but nothing I touched on the screen would do anything. It was like it was "froze" like my PC does sometimes. Anyone have a clue?? :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,292 Posts
Ctrl Alt Del? It is a MS product afterall.

Did rebooting your RL and fix it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,025 Posts
vertrkr said:
No chance the dealer can add it, this was discussed in another thread I think. Nothing beats the Honda system as it's so integrated but 3rd party ones are pretty darn good. I added an Alpine system to my old Expedition and loved it. I think Pioneer makes a really good one now. I got mine at Good Guys and had them install it. Probably run ya like two grand for this.
The Pioneer is very good..had it in my last truck, a 7" touch screen.. but the honda is much better...easier to use, everything on it puts my puts one to shame.. My system was a combo nav/stereo/tv/dvd/ way to mant watts & cost 5 k(installed with amps) over the honda..
 
L

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
mayfielh said:
Ctrl Alt Del? It is a MS product afterall.

Did rebooting your RL and fix it?
Yes...I shut the truck off...waited 10 seconds...then started Ivan back up again. No problems. I am sure it is an isolated problem I just wondered if it happened to anyone else. I am NOT an alarmist!! :eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
50 Posts
ladyridge said:
Yes...I shut the truck off...waited 10 seconds...then started Ivan back up again. No problems. I am sure it is an isolated problem I just wondered if it happened to anyone else. I am NOT an alarmist!! :eek:
I don't know if I can forgive Alpine for using Windows CE. Don't be so sure it's an isolated problem. As you said, it was behaving like your home PC, so you've had this problem twice and you're only one person! Microsoft's unreliability is in sharp contrast to Honda...it just isn't right. :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,292 Posts
More concerning than it being an MS product is if the leak issue you experienced may have damaged something electrical. Someone else posted that their Navi was going very dim.
 
L

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
I was wondering if the leak had anything to do with it myself also remembering the "dim" screen. HHHHHhhhhmmmm?? Guess I'm more anxious than ever to see that official service bulletin.
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top