Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have it? I finally got my Black RTL w/Navi & Moonroof on Friday and so far I'm absolutely loving it (pics in a few days or when the sun decides to peek out). Now, on to my question...

I am likely going to activate my XM tomorrow and was very interested in the NavTraffic option. However, it doesn't appear that it covers my area here in Grand Rapids, MI (according to their site, click). So, to be sure I call their support number and talk to a nice lady who says it does cover the entire US. I tried to get her to clarify that there WOULD be traffic and weather information for Grand Rapids, MI but all she kept saying is "sir the NavTraffic feature covers everything in the entire United States". Call me a skeptic but I don't think she knew what she was talking about. Am I wrong?

L

·
0 Posts
Sounds to me like she was trying to be generally specific. I would suggest trying another "nice lady". Ask the same questions and see what happens. Good Luck. :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah was planning on doing that but figured I'd ask around here first and see what I could come up with. Most of the posts I've read here so far have been very informative. Great site!

·
Registered
138 Posts
I think you and the XM rep you spoke with are confused. NavTraffic is a continuously updated live picture of traffic jams and delays that is displayed visually on the Navigation screen. The NavTraffic system is NOT available on the Ridgeline. Right now it's limited to Acura and Cadillac mostly.

The Ridgeline's navigation system does not show updated traffic information. However, XM Radio's channels 210-230 play audio traffic updates throuhg the radio. The closest city to you that has a traffic broadcast would be Detroit (channel 216). I doubt they would include information in the broadcast for your area.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Perfect (well not perfect but exactly what I needed to know). I thought I had read it was available to us RL owners but must have been incorrect.

Thank you very much! I owe you one!

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
msunickb, CONGRATS on your new, beautiful Ridgeline. You are going to love NAV even with the limitation on traffic displays. It's a fun feature to wow people with when they inquire about your fancy new ride. Tell it to change the fan speed or ask what time it is.

Be sure to swing by and announce your new truck in the following link to give more of us an opportunity to give you a proper welcome:

http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2743

·
Registered
115 Posts
msunickb said:
Perfect (well not perfect but exactly what I needed to know). I thought I had read it was available to us RL owners but must have been incorrect.

Thank you very much! I owe you one!
It meant ACURA RL owners ;)

i fell for that one too! I'm still pset that there is no trip computer like ALL of the "other" systems out there.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Welcome aboard msunickb and vincent007. I am sure I am late in welcoming you as I am a few days behind again on the posts but hopefully you will accept my late welcome just the same (and maybe even repeated, the numbers are growing so fast I forget who I welcomed in the past now).

·
Registered
236 Posts
Congrats on picking up your Ridgeline on Friday, msunickb!!!! I also picked up a Black RTL w/Navi & Moonroof on Friday. It must have been your twin. What a beautiful truck it is.

RidgeInTheVille

·
Registered
65 Posts
ok I could be wrond but on the honda web site under ridgeline audio section you got the site for software upgrades it shows version 4.31 on the rl it supports nav traffic inregards to accidents this is the best i coul ddo for a link. Let me know what everyone else thinks because I just purchased a ridgeline black rtl tonight, and also have a black Element which I love!!!

http://automobiles.honda.com/models/audio_accessories.asp?ModelName=Ridgeline#

·
Registered
626 Posts
RIDGE PATROL said:
ok I could be wrond but on the honda web site under ridgeline audio section you got the site for software upgrades it shows version 4.31 on the rl it supports nav traffic inregards to accidents this is the best i coul ddo for a link. Let me know what everyone else thinks because I just purchased a ridgeline black rtl tonight, and also have a black Element which I love!!!

http://automobiles.honda.com/models/audio_accessories.asp?ModelName=Ridgeline#
From the website:

For RL Free flow traffic is now shown as green bands alongside the road, and traffic incidents can be listed either by a voice command or using the "map menu".

They're referring to the Acura RL, not the Ridgeline.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts