Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

101 - 120 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I was in Wilmington and Southport over the weekend, but I didn't have my truck with me - I'm just so not entitled to post in this thread! :)

I will say that it was nice seeing a couple of Ridges in Southport while I was missing mine!

- Chip

·
Registered
42 Posts
Jonesville NC here, between Winston Salem and North Wilkesboro. I've just purchased my RL, but would love to meet up with some of you all. Just let me know when and where. Mountains in the fall would be a great time, maybe when the leaves are changing. I work a weird schedule so work will dictate if I can make it but let me know.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Perhaps someone with more NC living experience than me (I've only been here 2 years, and never got to the mountains yet) can give a good idea when the best time is to meet in the mountains?

Nice weather (not too cold), leaves changing??

We can then pinpoint a time around that.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I'd be up for a mtn meet. Work in Charlotte, live just south of the border.

·
Premium Member
1,173 Posts
OK -
A few of my friends are planning a hiking trip to Stone Mountain, NC (see link below) on October 17th.

Let me know if you and any friends/significant others are interested and I will coordinate the trip.

http://www.ncparks.gov/Visit/parks/stmo/main.php

We're hoping to leave early morning that day and be back by mid-afternoon. It's about a 4.5 mi relatively strenuous hike so be prepared!

·
Registered
213 Posts
OK -
A few of my friends are planning a hiking trip to Stone Mountain, NC (see link below) on October 17th.

Let me know if you and any friends/significant others are interested and I will coordinate the trip.

http://www.ncparks.gov/Visit/parks/stmo/main.php

We're hoping to leave early morning that day and be back by mid-afternoon. It's about a 4.5 mi relatively strenuous hike so be prepared!
That looks like fun. Just need to find a babysitter. Probably not suitable for my 4 & 6 year old.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Well I never heard anything, but wound up taking the kids and some neighbors up to Stone Mountain via Blowing Rock, Blue Ridge Parkway. Very nice scenery. Stone Mountain, NC is a nice park. We didn't do the 4.5 mile hike since my kids are only 4 & 6, but we did do the hike down the 200 ft waterfall. That was fun and the weather was perfect! Recommend to anyone going to that area to do a picnic and hike.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,173 Posts
Guys - I'm apologize for not responding to this post and the PMs sooner. Things have been crazy on my end. Anyone heading to the state fair this weekend?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Have fun at the State Fair, the weather should be a perfect this weekend. If you do go (and do not have high cholesterol) try some of the "deep fried butter" there and let me know if it tastes as nasty as it sounds. :act029: I have never had it and am too afraid to try it myself. bon a petit

·
Super Moderator
22,679 Posts
We went to the Dixie Classic fair last weekend. They deep fry *everything* there. No, I didn't try the deep fried butter... or anything deep fried, tempting as it were.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Looks like this topic took a bit of a rest... and I also haven't visited here for a bit.

I am still up for a get-together... weather seems to be holding out.

We're thinking of hitting the RenFest this weekend... anyone going to be there? If that does not pan out, maybe we can get together for a few hours somewhere central in the next couple of weeks.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Let's try this one more time! We have to have some sort ot get-together. :act006:

Anyone up for a "mini meet" some time at Knights Stadium? We can do a little tailgate in the parking lot and then see a ballgame.

101 - 120 of 145 Posts